Sustainable Agriculture Community Development Programme (SACDEP – Kenya)
SACDEP – Kenya is a Development Organisation, working in 12 Counties. With its head office based in Thika town, the organization works in the area of Sustainable Agriculture in Coast, Eastern, Central and Rift Valley Provinces of Kenya.
Applications are invited to fill in the following positions.
Job Title 1: Training and Conference Centres Co-Ordinator
To oversee the overall operations of Two (2) Development Training and Conference Centres based near Thika Town.
- Diploma/Bachelor’s in Hotel Management or other hospitality related field from a recognized institution.
- 10 years experience in a hospitality oriented organization.
- Strong leadership, personal organization and communication skills.
- Ability to write reports on strict deadlines.
- Ability to develop and implement new packages in the hospitality industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office Suite & Excel.
Job Title 2: Water & Sanitation Field Co-Ordinator
To implement and develop a Water and Sanitation Programme.
- Diploma /BSc in Water or Agriculture Engineering.
- 7 years experience working in a community integrated water & sanitation programme.
- Practical skills in designing and execution of community based/led Water and Sanitation projects. This includes but not limited to:
- Hydrological Surveys and Borehole Drilling.
- Water Pipeline designing.
- Water Pans, Dam design and Construction.
Job Title 3: Stores Manager
To set up a stores and issuing procedure involving procurement offices, storage and distribution to different locations in the field.
- Diploma/Bachelors in Commerce/Business Management Procurement option.
- Proven 10 years experience in receiving of goods, recording, storage and distribution.
- Experience in stores records, reports and data management using relevant computer packages.
- Knowledge in Financial Accounting and Auditing procedures.
- Skills in personnel management.
Job Title 4: Agricultural Productivity Co-Ordinator
To co-ordinate, implement and develop an integrated programme in production enhancement through diverse Sustainable Agriculture approaches.
- Diploma or BSc in; General Agriculture, Sustainable Agriculture, Horticulture or related disciplines.
- 5 years experience working in agriculture training and extension programme for small holder farmers.
- Thorough knowledge on Sustainable/organic Agriculture.
- Knowledge in establishment of smallholder irrigation schemes.
- Knowledge and experience in setting up farmers learning and information points.
Job Title 5: Agro-Marketing Co-Ordinator
To implement and develop further food processing, Value addition, cottage industries and marketing.
- Diploma or BSC in agriculture marketing, Agri – business or Agricultural Economics.
- Practical Skill in designing and execution of community based/led marketing programme.
- 10 years experience working in small holder marketing programmes.
- Proven skills in setting up agro-value addition programmes for small holder farmers.
- Knowledge and experience in setting up cottage industries will be an added advantage.
Job Title 6: Driver/Mechanic
Be in charge of maintenance and repairs of the organization fleet of vehicles and co-odinating operation
- Minimum O level Certificate.
- Mechanical Training grade 1 or its equivalent
- 10 years Motor Vehicle driving experience for classes A,B, C, E & F.
- Ability to write reports in English.
- Have a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Government.
- Be 28 – 40 years with a valid driving license
Job Title 7: Security Officer
The person will maintain the organizational security system covering personnel, vehicles, centers, goods and services by patrolling the premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Academic Standards – O level.
- Fluent in Written and spoken English & Kiswahili.
- 10 years experience on security matters e.g Security firms, government or disciplined forces.
- Certificate of good conduct from the Kenya Police.
- Be 35 – 45 years of age
All Applications to bear current salary, Job title on the envelope and the Reference in the application.
Only Short listed candidates will be invited for interviews.
Hard copies of Applications, Detailed Curriculum Vitae & Testimonials
to be sent not later than 17th August, 2012
Executive Director – SACDEP – Kenya
P.O. Box 1134, Thika 01000, Thika.
If you do not hear from us by 31st August, 2012 please consider yourself unsuccessful.