DWH / BI Technical Architect
Techno Brain, an ISO 9001: 2008 certified & CMMI Level 3 Company, is Africa’s leading custom software application provider.
Techno Brain offers innovative software solutions to Government, NGO, and large Private organizations.
Due to the recent expansions Techno Brain seeks to recruit an excellent Resources for their DWH unit in our Delivery department.
A hands-on Data Warehouse Architect who has both detailed code-level expertise and broader strategic perspective to strengthen our DWH/BI capabilities.
This position will report to the Practice Head DWH/BI and have specific responsibility for the evaluation, design, implementation and on-going support of the enterprise data warehouse and business intelligence platform. The position requires 5+ years data warehousing experience.
The candidate should have a demonstrable record of being able to interact effectively with business stakeholders at all levels in all functional areas to gather and understand business requirements and reporting needs.
- Interact with functional business units to analyze, gather and prioritize business and reporting requirements
- Assume leadership role in design, implementation, testing, and roll-out of enterprise data warehouse and data marts including development of proof-of-concepts
- Formulate and provide status updates on project plans and schedules to meet goals/objectives
- Create and enforce corporate standards for data warehouse design and data integrity
- Ensure data architecture supports existing and future requirements of evolving business model
- Evaluate and analyze existing OLTP databases and develop/maintain integrations to data warehouse
- Lead development and maintenance of operational, analytic, dashboard and executive-level reporting using Oracle BI Tools
- Evaluate, test and assist in selection of Reporting and BI tools.
- Monitor and stay abreast of key developments in DWH/BI industry
Qualifications / Requirements
- BE/M.Tech/MCA in Information Systems, Information Technology, or Computer Science
- At least 8 years’ experience working as data warehouse architect
- Must possess deep expertise with OLTP design, data warehousing, dimensional modeling, BI, ETL, and data governance
- At least 6 years’ experience in Oracle related tools (DWH & BI)
- Must be equally adept working in Oracle and using PL-SQL
- Must have passion for data warehousing and business intelligence
- Must possess ability to communicate and interact effectively at both technical and business level
- Self-starter with strong work ethic
- Strong team player with proven ability to work effectively cross-functionally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to evaluate and learn new technologies quickly
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th June 2014 indicating your current and expected remuneration.
Applications without salary details shall not be considered