Kisii County Government
Office of the Governor
Interim Town Management Committee
Pursuant to the Urban Areas and Cities Act 2011, Kisii County Government is looking for dynamic and highly motivated individuals with relevant qualifications, experience and competencies to fill vacant positions of Interim Town Management Committee Kisii Town.
a) The following professional bodies and associations to fill five vacancies;
i. an umbrella body representing professional associations in the area;
ii. an association representing the private sector in the area;
iii. a cluster representing registered associations of the informal sector in the area;
iv. a cluster representing registered neighbourhood associations in the area; and
v. an association of urban areas and cities,
b) Interested individuals that shall be recruited competitively to fill another for additional four (4) Vacancies
The positions are available on part time basis.
Key Responsibilities/Functions of the committees
- Oversee the affairs of the town
- Development and Adoption of Policies, plans, strategies and programmes
- Setting targets for delivery of services
- Formulate and implement the Town integrated development plan
- Control land use, land sub division, land development, and zoning by public and private sectors for any purpose, purpose, including industry, commerce, markets, shopping and other employment centres, residential areas, recreational areas, parks, entertainment, passenger transport, agriculture, and freight and transit stations within the framework of the spatial and master plans for the town as may
- be delegated by the county government;
- Promote and undertake infrastructural development and services within the town
- Develop and manage schemes , including site developments in collaboration with
relevant national and county agencies
- Maintain a comprehensive database and information system of the administration and provide public access thereto upon payment of a nominal fee to be determined by the board.
- Administer and regulate its internal affairs
- Implement applicable national and county legislation
- Enter into such contracts, partnership or joint ventures as it may consider necessary for the discharge of its functions under the Urban Areas and Cities act or other written laws.
- Monitor and, where appropriate , regulate town services where those services are provided by service providers other than the committee of the town
- Prepare its budget for approval by the County executive committee and administer the budget as approved
- As may be delegated by the County Government, collect rates , taxes , levies, duties, fees and surcharge on fees
- Implement and Settle tariff , rates and tax and debt collection policies as may be delegated by the County Government
- Monitor the impact and effectiveness of any services, policies, programmes or plans
- Establish, implement and monitor performance management system
- Promote a safe and healthy environment
- Facilitate and regulate public transport and
- Perform such other functions as may be delegated to it by the county government or as may be provided for by any written law.
- Manage and develop human resources within their town administration
Requirement for appointment
To qualify for appointment an applicant must meet the following requirements
- Is a citizen of Kenya;
- Is ordinarily resident or has a permanent dwelling in the town/county
- Carries on business in the town/county
- Has lived in the town/county for at least five years
- Has proven working experience of not less than five years in a relevant area
- The person satisfies the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution.
Individual applicants and organizations making nominations should submit their application letter together with a detailed C.V, copies of certificates and other credentials, and chapter six of the constitution requirements and contacts of three professional referees, daytime telephone contacts and email address to the office named below by 3rd January, 2014:
The Interim County Secretary,
P.O Box 4550-40200,
Online applications should be sent via email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be contacted