A leading Insurance Company in Kenya, renowned for its innovative, reliable, affordable and unmatched motor insurance services is looking for qualified professionals to fill the positions below. Both positions will report to the Managing Director.
1. General Manager Corporate Sales
- Create relationships and partnerships with Banks, Motor Dealers, Asset Financiers, SACCOs, Insurance Brokers and other corporate customers in order to grow the company’s insurance sales;
- Develop and implement innovative and effective corporate sales strategies for the company;
- Ensure that new business is generated using appropriate media and ensure high retention rate;
- Set up the corporate sales department and guide the team on achieving set sales targets; and
- Effectively communicate and close transactions with corporate customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Sales, Marketing or Business related field;
- At least 10 years’ sales experience in the financial sector; and
- Have integrity and strong leadership skills including the ability to direct the team to achieve set sales targets.
2. Legal Advisor
- Proactively advice on legal issues including but not limited to commercial contracts, dispute resolution, legislation, employment and governance to ensure the company’s interests are safe guarded;
- Provide accurate and timely legal opinions, strategy and advice on claims and any litigation arising therefrom and ensure the company’s interests are fully protected and redress of grievance obtained;
- Guide staff in the legal and claims departments on handling and negotiating critical claims and remaining within the set loss ratio;
- Ensure that legal documents and other contractual documents are effectively drafted, reviewed, interpreted and vetted;
- Advise and constantly improve workflows and policy documents for the claims and legal departments to minimize risks to the company and ensure that the system, controls and processes are appropriate;
- Prepare and submit reports as and when required by management and the Board; and
- Record minutes of meetings for all Board and Board Committees and provide legal advice on issues arising in the meetings.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Laws degree and Proficiency in MS Office Suite;
- Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law and is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- CPS (K) will be an added advantage;
- At least Fifteen (15) years’ experience preferably in the insurance industry or reputable law firm;
- Familiar with local statutes including the Insurance Act, Motor Vehicle Third Party Risks Act and the Employment Act; and
- Have integrity, strong leadership, analytical and problem solving skills.
Individuals who meet the above requirements should send their applications to the address or email below, stating their current and expected salary, along with a detailed CV, testimonials and copies of their academic documents, to reach us on or before 4th July 2014 to:
HR & Admin. Manager
P.O. Box 40863-00100 GPO,
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org