World Meteorological Organization
Office for Eastern and Southern Africa Nairobi
Duties and Responsibilities:
Drive WMO Representative and delegates to meetings both inside and outside the United Nations complex, including possible long distance trips;
Meet official WMO visitors at the airport and provide local transportation as may be necessary;
Ensure the office car is clean and in good working condition all the time and that the mileage book entries are up-to-date;
Carry out errands including paying of the bills, delivery of documents and mail (UNDP pouch, post office) and prepare monthly vehicle expenditure report;
Drive the office staff to the bank and to official venues, including meetings at the UNON offices;
Undertake any other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education with a minimum of Grade C.
- Possess a valid driving license issued by the Kenya Government for at least five years with a clean driving record.
- A minimum of three years experience in employment in a Driver capacity.
- Familiarity with Nairobi roads and major places (Embassies, United Nations offices, etc.).
- Physically qualified to drive a motor vehicle. Must be presentable, service minded, self-motivated and performance driven.
- Excellent knowledge of English and knowledge of other local languages.
- Understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records.
Commencement of Duties: As soon as possible after the closing date.
Applications should be made in an up-to-date WMO Personal History Form, which can be downloaded from the Internet athttp://www.wmo.int/vancancies.
Complete the Form, scan and send together with your detailed curriculum vitae as attachments to email@example.com
Closing Date: Applications should be received at the above email address not later than 7 August 2013.
Applications received after this date will not be considered.