Vacancies: Digital Media and Communications Consultants
An international non-profit organization with operations in over 35 countries worldwide is looking for individual consultants in the areas of digital media & communications.
The consultants will provide support institutional development of organizations in the region.
The assignment will involve training the client in the following areas;
- Use of new media technologies to leverage coverage in mainstream media
- Use of new media technologies to communicate with stakeholders
- Hard copy and video editing skills to effectively communicate with stakeholders.
- Message framing to get the best coverage
- PR 2.0 - interactivity tools and audiences, Content Management including multimedia content, Search Engines Optimization (SEO) - website promotion, e-publishing - e-newsletters as well as social media platforms optimization - Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, Blogs, flickr, LinkedIn etc.
This opportunity is open to individual applicants only. Interested applicants should meet the following qualifications:
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in communications or digital media.
- Professional training in digital and social media will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 7 years’ consultancy experience in the communications and digital media.
- Experience in supporting regional African organizations
- Experience in working with civil society, government and inter-governmental institutions
- Experience in working with international donors
- Excellent facilitation and training skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent oral presentation skills
- Fluency in English
- Bilingual consultants i.e. French and English, will have an added advantage
Applicants will be screened for the purpose of pre-qualification.
The pre-qualification procedure is a proactive measure intended to speed up the process of contracting consultants for the provision of services.
The applicants that are pre-selected will be included in a database and will be considered for engagement on relevant assignments.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are requested to send a CV and cover letter expressing interest to D.N.A. 1722 P.O. Box 49010 - 00100 GPO and/or EAconsulting@gmail.com.
Only pre-selected applicants will be contacted for further discussions on possible employment opportunities.
Closing Date: The deadline for submission of applications is September 20, 2014.
Candidates that do not hear from us by September 30, 2014 should consider themselves unsuccessful.