UN World Food Programme – Somalia
Vacancy Announcement: VA 045/2012
Post Title: Procurement Assistant
Post Grade: G5
Duty Station: Nairobi
Date of issue: 13.09.2012
Contract type: Fixed Term
Closing Date: 26.09.2012
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for nutrition, livelihoods, relief and emergency school feeding, while also supporting humanitarian air and logistics services, food security coordination and infrastructure rehabilitation projects.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan nationals only. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Procurement Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:-
- Extract, analyze and input data from various sources in procurement systems;
- Respond to queries regarding procurement data and transactions;
- Initiate administrative actions related to procurement;
- Update and track processing of procurement actions;
- Prepare initial purchase orders and contracts;
- Prepare periodic statistical tables and monthly reports;
- Maintain relevant internal databases, files and keep track of contractual agreements;
- Verify claims for accuracy and conformance with procurement rules and regulations;
- Draft and type routine correspondence;
- Provide information related to the above functions and exchange a variety of statistical information;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education: Secondary school education. Formal training in the area of work is desirable.
Experience: At least four years of progressively responsible support or secretarial work experience, including at least one year in the field of finance, accounting, procurement, evaluation, audit or administrative services or other related field and at least one year at the G4 level or equivalent.
Language: Fluency in both written and spoken English is a requirement.
Knowledge: Experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other WFP standard software packages and systems. General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing procurement administration.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications only according to the following procedures:
All applications must include an accurately filled in Personal History Form (P11) available at the following link http://www.unon.org/docs/P11.doc to be sent by e-mail to HR-SOM@wfp.org
Quote the Vacancy Announcement number, job title and location of preference;
Hand delivered applications will no longer be accepted;
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded;
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.