Equity Bank is the region’s leading Bank whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern, inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities.
With a strong foot print in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and South Sudan, Equity Bank is now home to nearly 9 million customers — the largest customer base in Africa.
Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the roles outlined below in the ICT Department:
Service Desk Analyst
Service Desk Analyst
Key Performance Indicators
- Customer satisfaction within the Service Desk Function.
- Compliance with processes and procedures associated with incident management.
- First call resolution time.
- First call resolution percentage as part of overall number of incidents coming from business users.
- Welcome authorised callers as an entry point into incident management process by phone, web, mail, or other authorised means.
- Authenticate the callers.
- Create new incident records.
- Update the cases for existing incidents.
- Categorize and prioritize the incidents.
- Qualify incidents as covered by the SLA.
- Transfer (route) incidents to relevant 2nd level of support.
- Incident resolution.
- Understand the Service level Agreement and execute accordingly.
- Provide technical communication to business users about quick fixes.
- Use available resources to resolve incidents [people, tools and processes).
- Internal and external communication of the incident status engaging next level support.
- Close incidents once resolved in agreement with applicable procedures and validation with business users.
- Ensure that the business Users agree that the resolution provided addresses their needs prior to incident closure.
- Incident ownership.
- Inform procedure owners if issues are detected in procedures.
Candidate’s Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- A mean grade of at least C+ in KCSE.
- University degree holder in Computing/IT or post-secondary school education in Computer Sciences or equivalent industry.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in IT, preferably in a banking and finance environment.
- Previous level 1 support experience is an asset.
- Experience in working in service desk or help desk particularly across different geographical locations.
- A good understanding of overall IT services offered.
- Knowledge of the organization structure and the business-to-customer relationships.
- Broad technical acumen.
- Analytical abilities.
- A solid customer-orientation with good communication skills.
- Ability to deal with the stress of competing priorities.
- Diplomacy skills and sufficient credibility to negotiate and communicate with a diversity of stakeholders and support teams regarding the incident management process.
- Knowledge of incident, request, problem and change management processes
- ITSM (ITIL) certificate or trainings.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, submit your application and detailed Curriculum Vitae, quoting the job title on the subject to the email address below by Saturday, 6th September 2014.
Email to: email@example.com,
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Equity Bank is an equal opportunity employer.
We value the diversity of individuals, ideas, perspectives, insights, values and what they bring to the workplace.