Position: Dispatch Manager
Our client, a leading motorbike and three wheeler assemblers in Kenya seeks to recruit a Dispatch Clerk.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing the scheduling, staging, tracking and reporting of the day's activities.
He/she will also be in charge of recording and maintaining data related to the day's work load such as delivery confirmations, mechanical breakdowns, customer requests, charges and expenses incurred.
- Scheduling and assigning work crews, delivery vehicles and service equipment for the daily tasks
- Receiving and preparing work orders and monitoring jobs in progress
- Informing staff about logistic problems or updates and handling questions or complaints from staff and clients
- Recording and maintaining data related to the day's work load such as delivery confirmations, mechanical breakdowns, customer requests, charges and expenses incurred
- Identifying items and containers of incoming and outgoing shipments and verifying them against consignment records
- Ensuring outgoing shipments are in good condition and meet specifications
- Organizing the dispatch of goods with completed documentation
- Maintaining prescribed records of goods received and dispatched
- Calculating storage and clearance charges and billing customers
- Providing information to customers on custom tariffs, tariff classifications and concessions, and methods of clearing good
Qualification and Experience
- Degree\ Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies or any other related field
- The ability to plan and organize work schedules
- Good decision-making skills
- Individuals who are honest and uphold integrity
- 2 – 3 years experience in a similar position
If you have the skills and competences for this role, send your CV ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 28th June 2013.
Kindly indicate position title and minimum salary expectation on the subject line.