We are a medium sized company in the manufacture industry looking for a Field Officer to work in Bomet.
The successful candidate will be responsible for;-
- Development of long and medium term strategies and policies on raw potato production and supply to the company.
- Identifying potential potato farmers in the target regions for contract farming through field surveys based on company set criteria.
- Development of support programmes to create greater partnership between the company and potato farmers
- Establish long term business arrangements with potato suppliers
- Collecting, analyzing and presenting data in form of technical and non-technical written reports.
- Conducting oral and visual presentations, for non-technical audiences to enable informed decisions by non technical groups.
- Identify competency gaps amongst contracted farmers, schedule and carry out farmer education, training and production forecasts
- Liaise with the relevant stake holders and government officials on potato production and availability.
- Represent the company in stake holders meetings
- Ensuring quality specifications of the produce are met at field level.
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Economics, Horticulture, Agronomy or related field.
- One year experience as a Field Agronomist or related field.
Applicants who meet the above qualifications should send a C.V that includes their day time contacts, 3 referees, current and expected salary, and testimonials by 15th July, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.