Unit Sales Engineers
- To ensure effective sales coverage of all existing and potential Machine/genset customers within the region and submit regular reports accordingly.
- To ensure effective after sales product support in liaison with service dept.
- To follow up on outstanding customer debts and update Finance department promptly.
- To ensure we use the best methods in machine/genset identification and application by applying the relevant Caterpillar product programmes.
- To liaise with local suppliers of equipment/accessories/materials as the need may arise from time to time.
- With the directions of the Sales Manager identify and formulate suitable Marketing advertisements and co-ordinate with Newspaper/Magazine publishers for action.
- Achieve sales targets as units – value and margin and follow effectively any available opportunity
- Collect and report to the Sales Manager on trading trends, market opportunities and other matters related to the business
- Draw up & /implement customer call schedules and strategies towards achievement of the department annual goals
- Set and submit coverage plans weekly to management
- Submit on time daily call reports, and relevant reports on activities within the territory – this also to include all competitive activities and market info
- Organize effective customers coverage - demonstration / test drives for prospective customers.
- Collect, report & following up on any customer complaint aiming to resolve problem
- To submit regular national sales updates and liaise with logistics on stock/customer order requirements - Adminstration of stock levels in line with projected sales.
- Control of Machine/genset deliveries, ensuring proper documentation before release.
- A University degree in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 2 years work experience in a mechanical plant or construction industry.
- Strong customer knowledge and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A clean driving license.
- Must be proficient in use of computers