Safari Park Hotel, a leading five star hotel situated in Nairobi and serving the top notch of the Hospitality sector seeks to employ suitable Kenyan Citizens with the right attributes to fill the positions below:
A. Head Baker
Reporting to the Executive Chef through the Pastry Chef, the successful candidate will be responsible for,
- Baking of high quality cakes, bread and other bakery products.
- Prepare pastry items – Bread rolls, muffins, Cakes, e.t.c
- Check production schedule to determine variety and quantity of ingredients.
- Monitor baking process to identify needed adjustments.
- Get information from production schedules and standardised recipes.
- Responsible for cost control to avoid waste and damage to equipment.
- Adherence to health and safety regulations in the bakery.
The position is challenging and calls for a dynamic, confident, aggressive and forward thinking person
with the following attributes;
with the following attributes;
- Aged 35 – 45 years
- Be holders of a certificate in bakery / pastry from Kenya Utalii College or any other internationally recognised hotel training institution.
- Have at least ten (10) years experience in a similar position in a large organisation, specialising in making cakes, bread and general baking.
- Organised and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in tight production schedules and set quotas for number of items to be produced on a daily basis.
- Innately creative and self motivated.
- Sound knowledge of hygiene and safety standards in the Kitchen and possess discipline to enforce those standards.
- Be Computer literate.
B. I) Demi Chef De Partie / Cooks
Reporting to the Executive Chef, the successful candidates will be responsible to,
- Assist and support the Executive Chef in preparation of different foods.
- Assist in all Kitchen activities including ordering for supplies and budget control.
- Assist with the planning of menus.
- Assist with the preparation, cooking and presentation of different foods in the restaurant.
- Assist with the enforcement of health and safety standards in the Kitchen.
- Ensure that Customers are served with quality food in a timely manner.
II) Chef De Partie
Reporting to the Executive Chef and will be responsible for,
- Controlling a given section within the Kitchen to the standards laid down. To conform with Health and Safety standards.
- Creation of high quality dishes in his role as part of the Kitchen team.
- Cooking consistently and enthusiastically on a high level as directed by the Executive Chef.
- Checking the function sheets on a daily basis with the Senior Chef on duty as to the work that needs to be carried out for the day.
- Ensuring that his/her station and environment is kept hygienically clean and also working in a hygienic manner.
- Controlling incoming goods and stores them in perfect conditions.
- Reporting any breakdowns and/or kitchen hazards directly to the Executive Chef or to the Sous Chef in his absence.
- Assisting the Executive Chef with menu planning and or/ ideas as required.
The positions are challenging and call for dynamic, confident, aggressive and forward thinking persons with the following attributes;
- Aged 25-35 years.
- Be holders of a certificate or diploma in food production or culinary arts.
- Chef de Parties should have at least three (3) years experience in a similar position in the hotel industry.
- Demi Chef de Parties should have at least two (2) years experience in a similar position.
- Knowledgeable about the culinary industry and food preparation.
- Organised, have the ability to delegate tasks well and work in a high stress environment.
- Knowledge of hygiene and safety standards in the Kitchen and possess discipline to enforce those standards.
- Flexible and able to work in 24 hr rotating shifts.
A Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered to the successful candidates.
Applications accompanied by a detailed CV and copies of relevant certificates and testimonials from applicants who meet the above qualifications and are up to the challenge should be sent to the address below to reach them by Wednesday August 29, 2012.
Human Resources & Admin. Manager, P.O. Box 45038-00100, Nairobi
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org