Afya Yetu Initiative
Based in Nyeri, we are not-for-profit non state actor (NSA), and through action research, training, awareness creation, Sensitization, information and communication process, we enable poor communities to establish self-managed micro health insurance scheme.
A key component of our intervention involves helping the poor and low income communities to create and design micro health insurance products that meet new demands, priorities and, and level of willingness to pay.
This is accomplished through a comprehensive series of duties; workshops to train, coach and assist communities develop relevant innovative and cost –effective micro health insurance system and process.
We are seeking to strengthen our team with committed individuals who have the passion to work with low income population in the rural areas.
- To coordinate the activities of Programme officers through scheduling, training or facilitating training, advices in the field, follow ups, monitoring and evaluation.
- To coordinate the activities of the various departments of AYI with a view to ensuring optimal performance and efficiency.
- To take a leading role in identifying and building partnerships between AYI and the various different stakeholders and likeminded organizations.
- To work closely with development actors, participate in various meetings, seminars, workshops and forums linked to the field of CBHIS at local, national and international levels.
- Carry out all correspondence and publicity on behalf of the Organization.
- Implement all applicable decisions taken in management committee and Board deliberations.
- Conduct annual performance appraisals of all staff with a view to identifying performance gaps and training needs and issue reports accordingly.
- Keep and maintain updated records regarding all programme affairs.
- To promote, enhance and maintain good working relations with other AYI staff and the authorities in areas in which the employees are working in while promoting and protecting a positive AYI image to the public.
- To take the role of Secretary during deliberations of the AYI board.
- Ensure a constant link between the board of AYI and the Programme team.
- To prepare and submit regular programme reports as required by the various interested parties including donors.
- Perform any other duties arising from programme evolution or as may be asked by the Management Committee or the Board.
- Relevant degree in Accounting (CPAK), Administration, Health or Insurance systems
- Minimum 3 years business experience, preferably as Team leader of community field management team
- Strong knowledge of Office tools (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc. )
- Experience with Health micro-insurance will be an added advantage.
Reporting to the program coordinator, s/he will be responsible for all financial accounting aspect including preparation of timely and accurate financial accounts, budgets and annual financial statements.
- A middle level professional with accounting qualification such as CPA (K)
- Relevant degree has an added advantage
- Minimum three year working experience as an accountant
- Experience and working knowledge with donor funds will be an added advantage.
- Well developed computer skills with advanced hands on experience in ms-excel, Ms-access, Ms-word and any automatic accounting system.
- Must be mature, confident and a good communicator.
- Ability to competently handle various competing priorities.
If you fulfil the above requirements and wish to be considered, please send your application letter, current CV and copies of certificates together with names of three referees, one of whom must be your current employer to:
P.O Box 54533-00200
P.O Box 54533-00200
Deadline for receiving application will be 10 November 2012