Position: Hygiene Promotion Officer
Reports to: Caritas Director
Purpose: The Water Hygiene and Sanitation Hygiene Promotion Officer will lead the implementation of the hygiene component of the WASH projects supported by Caritas Isiolo.
- Mobilize and sensitize target communities on health/hygiene
- Plan and design of appropriate community sanitation facilities
- Supervise Community Health Extension Workers supporting the project
- Conduct regular monitoring of activities in sanitation and hygiene promotion and document progress
- Closely work with the government officers from the MoH and Water in implementing hygiene and sanitation activities and other WASH stakeholders in the County
- Closely work with schools and the Ministry of Education Officers on hygiene and sanitation interventions for schools
- Carry out community based hygiene education/training activities
- Participate in project studies, assessments and evaluations
- Participate in quarterly progress review meetings
- Support communities in developing Community Action Plans (CAPs) and ensure their implementation.
- Compile monthly monitoring, progress and training reports.
- A Degree in Environmental/Public Health. A diploma in the same field with accumulated experience will be considered
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working on community-water, sanitation and hygiene projects, preferably in an NGO setting.
- Proven experience in training using participatory adult learning methodologies
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft office).
- Good report writing and documentation skills
- Demonstrated experience in using participatory methodologies which include Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS), Participatory Hygiene and Sanitation Transformation (PHAST), among others.
Applications should be submitted by Wednesday November 6, 2013 to the following address:
P. O. Box 162-60300,
Tel/Fax: 254-64-52053, Wireless 0202444376