Statistician - Transport Observatory Project
Northern Corridor Transit and Transport Coordination Authority Secretariat
The Northern Corridor Transit and Transport Coordination Authority (NCTTCA) is regional intergovernmental organization with the mandate to facilitate trade and transport along the Northern
The Northern Corridor is the transport system linking the Kenya sea port of Mombasa with the hinterland countries of Uganda, DRC, Rwanda, Burundi and South Sudan.The NCTTCA Secretariat is looking for qualified candidates to fill the post of Statistician for its Transport Observatory Project which is supported by TradeMark East Africa.
The transport Observatory is web based tool that monitors the performance of the trade and transport flows along the Northern Corridor.
The specifications for the job are:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with the NCTTCA Stakeholders to obtain data for the Transport Observatory Project;
- Compile and analyze the data, and generate performance indicators on volumes, costs and rates, time and delays, efficiency and productivity and seasonal variations, traffic classifications, compliance to axle load limits, ports and border post clearance, vehicle operating costs, road user costs and accident statistics;
- Prepare and disseminate weekly and monthly performance reports to stakeholders on the transport systems along the Northern Corridor.
- Ensuring analysis are complete and up to date through continuous flow of data from data providers and stakeholders;
- Liaise with stakeholders to address data gaps and to validate the observations arising out of the data analysis;
- Work with technical experts in preparation of other periodic statistical reports;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics or Statistics from a recognized university. Having qualifications in transport economics is an added advantage.
- At least five years experience in compiling and analyzing international trade and transport data.
- Demonstrate ability to independently provide significant program support
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Advanced information technology skills especially SPSS or any other statistical package, SQL, Microsoft access and Microsoft Excel;
- Good interpersonal, intercultural and organizational skills;
- Good writing and communication skills;
- Good knowledge of English and/or French; ability to work in the two languages is an added advantage.
- Knowledge ofASYCUDA, SIMBA and KWATOS is an added advantage.
Duty Station: Mombasa, Kenya.
Contract Type: Service Contract (One year renewable based on performance)
Reporting: The Statistician Transport Observatory Project reports to the Head of Program, Transport Policy and Planning NCTTCA Secretariat.
This vacancy is open to both Male and female citizens from the Northern Corridor Member States of Burundi, DRC, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan and Uganda.
Interested candidates should submit their application and signed detailed CVs indicating their full addresses together with copies of all the relevant supporting documents (certificates and testimonials) to the Executive Secretary NCTTCA by 10th February 2014 through the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org