We are an international oil & gas company with operations in Africa, Europe, South Asia & South America. Working for Tullow Oil in Kenya, you will be given the freedom and responsibility to make a difference.
We provide the opportunities to build a solid future within our rapidly expanding portfolio and provide competitive rewards as part of our people strategy.
Our high level of employee engagement is also one of our key success factors that we want to continue building on.
As the company prepares for further exploration and appraisal activities, Tullow Kenya BV is seeking to appoint a:
Community Liaison Officer
Tullow Kenya B.V is seeking to recruit a suitable person to the position of Community Liaison Officer on a 1 year Contract.
The position is field-based.
The purpose of the role is to build a harmonious and mutually beneficial relationship between Tullow and the Communities in the area of operation by acting as the key interface between the Company and local stakeholders.
Successful candidate shall assist the Company by performing the following tasks primarily in areas of Kisumu County, or as may be reassigned:-
- Undertake key processes aimed at generating and sustaining the social license to enable smooth implementation of operations;
- Support Tullow in the communities and public events with a view to enhancing Tullow understanding of community dynamics and community needs;
- Develop and maintain close networks with local, district and county leadership; Liaise with relevant local, state, district and county authorities to ensure good stakeholder relationships;
- Develop and sustain an effective two-way communication network between the Company and Advisory committees;
- Provide business insight and advise the Company about community activities that may impact Tullow operations;
- Maintain efficient oversight over development projects in conjunction with the Tullow appointed implementing partner and advise accordingly on workable solutions for better implementation. In so doing, will conduct regular field assessments to:
- Monitor progress on project implementation;
- Assess performance of third parties implementing organizations and
- Elaborate recommendations to the Project Manager or his designate.
- Support Permitting in the Areas of Operation where this may be required;
- Gather information on social impact of Tullow operations on immediate communities and consult internally and with community leadership on mitigation measures;
- Consult with local stakeholders regarding Community Development Projects and their implementation.
- Submit daily activity reports to line manager or his designate.
- Monitor interaction between sub/Contractors, locally employed persons and local communities and report any impropriety or Concern to the Company
- Manage local stakeholder relationships through regular contact with local community representatives.
- Carry out sensitisation campaigns to educate the local communities on Tullow’s activities on the ground.
- Undertake any other tasks or duties as may be reasonably required.
- Diploma in a related subject such as Sociology, Human Resources, Business Administration or Project Management.
- At least two years relevant work experience in Community Development and Project management.
- Language proficiency in English, Swahili and Dholuo
- Knowledge of local customs and traditions of the communities in Nyanza is an added advantage
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Advanced communication, organization and reporting skills.
- Knowledge and proficiency in MS and computer applications
- Applicants with intimate knowledge of Nyanza province (administrative areas, culture, traditions, geography) will have an added advantage
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, valid email address, and the names and telephone contacts of three professional referees to:
Off Muthithi Road, Tausi Court, 3rd Floor P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100 e-mail: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Closing date: Wednesday 18th July 2012