The County Government of Kitui
County Public Service Board
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and Sections 44, 45, 50, and 51 of the County Governments Act No. 17 of 2012, Kitui County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the position below;
Thirty Seven (37) Posts
Job Group ‘D’
Ksh10,380 x 480 – 10,860 x 510 – 11,370 p.m.
Terms of Service: Permanent
Requirements for Appointment:
- Be a Kenyan Citizen;
- Have Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, grade D Plain or its equivalent;
- Have accident free driving experience of two (2) years;
- Have a valid Class BCE driving license free from any current endorsement(s);
- Have attended First-Aid Course lasting not less than one (1) week;
- A certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Driving the assigned vehicle;
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical, tyre pressure, brake systems, etc.;
- Detecting and reporting any malfunctioning of the vehicle systems;
- Maintenance of work ticket(s) for assigned vehicle(s);
- Ensuring security and safety of the vehicle on and off the road;
- Overseeing safety of the passengers and/or goods therein;
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle(s).
- Supervise and guide staff working under him/her in a small transport unit.
How to Apply:
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side and addressed to:
County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 33-90200,
Important information to all Candidates
Salary, allowances and benefits shall be as determined and advised by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
Applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board on or before 30th November 2014.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Government of Kitui County is an equal employer.