Our client in the Hospital Industry is in need of a Medical Officer who will provide primary and emergency care that meets International Standards, to the patients through commitment and clinical excellence.
- To practice emergency medicine in ethical manner consistent with contemporary emergency medicine practices.
- To maintain current emergency medical knowledge and skills through independent studying and continue in education activities.
- To exhibit professionalism in ED in regards to behaviour, attire and reliability and discuss problems and reviews related to the patient’s medical records as part of quality assurance studies.
- To take detailed history of patient, examine patient and review medical records.
- To participate in medical staff and/ or hospital affairs with the support of the in charge and make recommendations on changes if required.
- Acquire knowledge on transportation of critically ill patient.
- To maintain knowledge of and be compliant with existing laws.
Medico/ Legal duties.
- Fill out patients insurance claim forms as soon as the patients are seen.
- To carry out ward procedures e.g. fixing of branulas, N.G. tubes, catheterization, ward reviews and resuscitation and carry out any other procedures required.
- Should be able to handle patients in casualty and assess a polytrauma patient, comatose, neurological patient and cardiac emergencies.
- Assigned Dr. should attend CME, write a summary and discuss the same with the colleagues.
- Should train nurses and other medical staff on ACLS & APLS.
- Undertake any other duties assigned by the Head of A & E incidental to the work described herein
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Should be registered with the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board
- Bachelors degree in Medicine
- Conversant with Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Ability to perform minor surgical procedures
- Able to deal with medical, surgical, gynecological and pediatric emergencies.
Key Performance Indicators
- Professional patient care
- Accurate maintenance of patient records
- Care of equipment
- Adherence to standards, policies and procedures
- Adherence to medical and ethical laws.
- Training of nurse and other medical staff on ACLS & APLS
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send your CV and details of your current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified candidates shall be contacted