Safaricom Limited is the leading mobile telecommunications company in Kenya.
We are at the forefront of the industry and always seek to attract and retain talented, creative and innovative team players who are excited by the opportunity of pushing the frontiers of this evolving technology, growing our services, exciting our customers and contributing to our community.
At Safaricom, we take pride in our talent and develop them to realize their maximum potential!
Principal Category Sourcing Officer
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Supply Chain Management Department within Finance Division.
In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to Senior Manager-Purchasing, the job holder will effectively manage the purchasing cycle, ensuring that procurement policies and procedures are complied with, negotiating and managing supplier contracts and end-to-end tendering process as well as ensuring that in all circumstances Safaricom secures the best service/product for the best economical price within outsourced services section.
- Define, implement and manage the entire category sourcing strategy and align it to the overall Business Strategy;
- Develop and maintain category sourcing framework that defines specific items parameters;
- Identify and analyze initiatives for projected cost savings (jointly with user departments and suppliers);
- Provide business strategy support & Value Delivery through fulfillment of immediate business Strategic requirements;
- Enhance internal customer self-service and building internal customer relationships;
- Manage contracted vendors relationships development through a structured framework;
- Drive compliance and Risk Management through ISO Audits, process/procedure reengineering, analysis/ reviews and adherence to regulatory requirements;
- Conduct Business Continuity Management for strategic supplies through self-assessment and audits;
- Negotiate and close sourcing agreements /contracts with suppliers;
- Maintain supply market awareness, intelligence and related trends in order to assess present and future category items availability;
- Development, maintenance ,verification and updating of information in master database;
- Optimization of Procurement to Pay process through development and implementation of business improvement;
- Develop and fully implement supplier catalogues/pricelists /source lists within the ERP system.
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and competencies:
- Degree in Marketing, Business or similar qualification;
- Post Graduate Diploma Qualification in Supply Chain Management (CIPS);
- At least 5 years’ experience in procurement (two year of which should be in category sourcing management of marketing products and services);
- Direct experience with ATL (and BTL as a benefit) marketing services sourcing category, or direct experience from the field (i.e. advertising agency, other corporates);
- Excellent understanding of category sourcing strategies, prequalification and vetting of suppliers, development of tender documentation and tendering processes, procurement performance management tools ,skills in management of suppliers performance, international sourcing/ commercial relationships and supply contract management;
- Very Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Team player with excellent influencing skills;
- High level of Initiative and self-drive;
- Problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Very strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain relationship with all stake holders.
If you meet the requirements and are up to the challenge, please send your resume and application letter to the address below. Please quote the job reference number in the application letter.
All applications must be delivered on or before Thursday, 19th September 2013.
Head of Talent & Resourcing,
Head of Talent & Resourcing,
E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org