Cellulant is a mobile commerce company. It operates Africa’s number one mobile commerce network and aims to connect 100 million customers to its mobile commerce ecosystem.
Cellulant was founded in 2003 and has currently operations in Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Malawi, Zambia, Botswana and every year moving into new countries.
We are the mobile commerce partner of choice and our goal is to connect all of our corporate customers, including e.g. the top Pan African banks, various merchants, to the richest mobile commerce ecosystem in Africa, helping them provide better communication, and more services, and more value to their end consumers.
To be able to meet these aggressive growth expectations we need to grow our dynamic team.
We are recruiting highly motivated, pro-active and self - driven Implementation Engineers keen to utilize their existing skills and develop new ones that will enable them add to the success of the organization as well as their own
We invite you to be part of that growth.
An Implementation Engineer (IE) assist the client transition various technical systems into new architecture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and execute software implementation plans in time and spec.
- Meet with the client and participate in the requirements discovery phase, compile the requirements and come up tangible solutions/products.
- Maintain the agreed service SLA with the client through a robust QOS management process.
- Participate in the design of solutions, implementation strategies that will assist the business to meet the customer goals.
- Ensure all designs are version-proof as integrated products follow their own roadmaps/life cycles.
- Closely working with product strategy team and exercise influence on the kind of product/solutions that will fit the customer.
- Work under limited supervision. Work is evaluated upon completion to ensure objectives have been met.
- Contribute to the development of organization's goals and objectives.
- Assist in troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- 2+ years’ experience in software development and implementation roles including participation in enterprise-class projects
- Strong proficiency in Java SE/EE, PHP, MYSQL, LUNIX and one or more scripting languages.
- Hands-on working experience with or extensive knowledge of several of the following integration protocols:
- SOAP-based APIs
- RESTful or XML-based APIs
- ISO8583 APIs
- Sockets Communication APIs
- A solid understanding of database concepts and experience writing software that utilizes database interaction
- Ability to thoroughly document the design of new software and maintain documentation throughout the lifecycle (e.g. specification documents, object models, class diagrams, state flows, etc.)
- Team player who will enjoy performing multiple technical functions when needed.
- Ability to professionally manage multiple priorities and still maintain quality and customer satisfaction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must have strong documentation skills and the ability to understand software functional specifications.
- Experience using Agile/Scrum development methodology.
- Experience developing integrations APIs to third party systems.
- A proven track record as part of a highly-distributed team.
- Experience using Subversion for source code/resource control.
- Experience developing open source applications.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their CVs and a convincing cover letter to email@example.com indicating the job title applied for by 6th September 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.