Job Ref: HR-NP-07-2012
Nation Media Group, the largest independent media house in East and Central Africa with operations in print, broadcast and digital media and which attracts and serves unparalleled audiences in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda is seeking to recruit an experienced and self-motivated individual to the position of News Producer – QTV.
Key result areas will include:
- Coordinate assignments for reporters in liaison with the News Editor;
- Brief, debrief and advise reporters on video images suitable for a compelling TV story/feature;
- Sub script for reporters;
- Translate into Kiswahili stories from correspondents and international news agencies;
- Participate in creation/formulation of ideas for news, features and current affairs shows;
- Participate in the planning of big stories and in breaking news;
- Work with the News Editor to achieve delivery of competitive and flawless news bulletins within set deadlines;
- Guide reporters and news staff on quality control measures, in adherence to editorial guidelines;
- Work hand in hand with News Directors and Video Editors to ensure seamless coordination in editing stories and delivery of newscasts.
Knowledge & Skills requirements:
- University Degree;
- Diploma in Journalism/Mass Communication;
- 5 years working experience as a Senior Reporter;
- Proficiency in both Kiswahili and English languages, with excellent news judgment and aggressive;
- Ability to think outside the traditional news sources and a true newshound;
- Multimedia editing skills;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and cope with pressure and tight deadlines.
This position offers an excellent career growth opportunity and a competitive remuneration package.
If you meet the above criteria, apply online at http://careers.nationmedia.com before 19th August, 2012.
Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.