CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Kenya, is supported by MasterCard Foundation, was established to provide Basic Employability Skills Training (BEST) for disadvantaged youth in the society with particular focus on women to get equitable, qualitative learning and access to promising labour market oriented opportunities, savings and credit that support their pathways to safe and positive futures.
The key purpose of the organization is to assist 10,000 disadvantaged youth to make informed choices, develop labour-market oriented employability skills and access job placements, savings and enterprise development support.
About the position
Successful candidate will be posted in Thika Centre as an Entrepreneurship and IT Trainer.
The right candidate must be self-driven and must work with minimal Supervision.
- We are looking for people who have pride, passion and energy, but mostly love TEACHING.
- Take responsibility for the quality of teaching delivered.
- Guidance and skills development to ensure that standards are maintained and improved.
- To act as a personal tutor to CAP students
- Developing, customizing and delivering Entrepreneurship and IT curriculums.
- Assist students get internships and placements.
- Link the youth with potential employers.
- Adequately equipping the students with Entrepreneurial and IT skills.
- Assist in the design and preparation of materials, resources and information to be used in respect of programmed delivery.
- Carry out monitoring, guidance, support and mentoring of the learners and take action as required.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle diverse tasks simultaneously using prioritization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and motivational skills.
- Excellent Presentation skills.
- Dynamism, creativity and flexibility.
- Networking skills a must.
- Must be flexible.
- One (1) year working experience.
- Aged 26 - 33 years.
- Must be mature and with the right attitude.
- Must have passion of working with young people.
- Demonstrated Experience in transferring Entrepreneurship knowledge.
- Degree in Entrepreneurship/Business or related field.
- Relevant Training in Information Technology.
How to apply
To express interest in this opportunity, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6th March 2013.
Cover letter should be pasted on the body of the email and not as an attachment.
Applicants are required to quote their current and expected salary.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.