Introduction: We are an online guide to Kenya’s entertainment sports, events and showbiz news.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals to fill the positions ofassociate journalists.
Successful candidates will find, research and write entertainment news stories to the required standard and within agreed deadlines for an online magazine.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To find and research and write timely entertainment news stories as they happen.
- Sourcing images to accompany written stories.
- Ensure news pieces are well written, accurate and submitted as per deadlines deadline.
- Keeping up to date with trends and developments relating to Kenya’s social & entertainment scene.
- A passion for news, current affairs and sport with an awareness of/interest in what's happening.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to tell a story in a clear and engaging way.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proven experience in working with online content / websites
- Ability to work co-operatively as part of a team.
- Ability to demonstrate resilience and flexibility with a willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment when selecting and writing stories, mindful of the magazine’s policy and legal issues.
- A keen interest, knowledge and awareness of local radios, TV and local issues.
- A well-articulated understanding of target audiences
- Highly motivated and enthused
Interested candidates should send a cover later and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your current email address and phone contact.
Deadline for application is 3rd October 2014.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.