Vacancy: Human Resource Officer
Opportunity Kenya Ltd is a microfinance institution with operations in Nairobi, Western, Nyanza and Rift Valley regions of Kenya.
It is affiliated with the Opportunity International Network, a global coalition of organizations dedicated to helping those living in poverty transform their lives through access to micro finance.
administrative tasks as it relates to recruitment and selection, salary and benefits administration, reward management, training and development, health and safety programs ensuring compliance to internal and local employment regulatory policies, procedures and practices.
- Provide expertise and professional advice to all line managers on best practice, policies and procedures for recruitment, new staff induction and confirmation, staff training and development, performance appraisal and management, retention and motivation of staff at all levels
- Monitors head count, efficiency and productivity of staff and advices on improvements
- Participate in strategic planning and budgeting process
- Assists the line manages in setting quarterly performance targets for all staff
- Facilitates line managers to identify and consolidate training and development needs for all staff. Also assists in conducting Training Needs Analysis (TNA) and development of appropriate training program.
- Supervise the HR operations and administration functions including salary and benefits administration, salary surveys, statutory returns and reporting, salary reviews, monthly salary and benefit payments.
- Oversee maintenance of employee data and files, ensuring safe custody and confidentiality of all employee records
- Coordinate implementation of all phases of recruitment from advertising, screening, short listing to final job placement
Key Qualification, Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience gained from a banking or financial institution with demonstrable ability in providing services in a range of human resource functions, processes and systems.
- A minimum of Bachelor Degree in human resource management, business management or social sciences
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management from the College of Human Resource Management, formerly IHRM
- Fully conversant with Kenya Labour and Employment Laws and practices.
- A strong and demonstrable understanding of the importance of client service with sound judgment and strong interpersonal skills. Proven counseling skills will be an added advantage.
- Ability to build productive working relationships in a multi-cultural environment.
How to Apply: If you believe you are the right candidate, please submit your application with a detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates, stating your current and expected remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts to reach us not later than September 5, 2014 and addressed to email@example.com