A State Agency in the security and administration of justice sector seeks to recruit competent officers to fill the following vacant positions.
Applicants must be Kenyan Citizens committed to delivering results and ready to work for long hours under minimum supervision.
They must be team players, who respect diversity, maintain confidentiality and be proficient in the use of computer application packages.
The State Agency offers competitive packages to successful candidates.
Senior Legal Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Legal Officer will be reporting to the Principal Legal Officer.
- drafting Legal Instruments;
- conducting advocacy and sensitization trainings;
- drafting Memorandum of Understanding with relevant Agencies and Departments;
- making applications to High Court for Protection Orders;
- liaising with stakeholders and prosecutors to consider the options available to provide protection to clients;
- advising stakeholders on matters relating to protection of clients;
- coordinating the efforts for everyday life of the clients (education, health, welfare, and employment);
- initiating required legislation amendments for the promotion of the Organization’s activities;
- conducting legal research; and
- performing any other duties as may be required from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
For appointment to this grade, one must:
- Have served in the grade of Legal Officer I or in a comparable position in the Public Service or Private Sector for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Have a Bachelors degree in Law from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Be an advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Have knowledge in Criminal and Civil Justice Systems and their functions and services;
- Have shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Note: In addition to the above requirements, applicants need to have:
- A valid driving license
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Good interpersonal skills
- Confidentiality and professionalism
How to Apply
Interested Candidates who meet the required qualifications should send their applications with a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, National Identity Card, and other testimonials; telephone contact, e-mail address, and names of three referees with their contacts.
In addition, candidates should obtain clearance certificates from the following bodies:-
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Any Professional body to which the candidate is a member
Applications clearly indicating the Job title and reference number on both the letter and envelope should be send to the address below on or before 26th January, 2015
P.O. Box 49010-00100