Kenya Poultry Farmers Association (KEPOFA)
Vacancy: Business Development Officer
Kenya Poultry Farmers Association is the umbrella association of poultry farmers in the country that seeks to advocate for the rights and needs of the poultry farmers.
The association has membership across the country and governed by an elected board.
The goal of the association is to be financially self sustaining to ensure there is continuity in delivering services to the members.
Further, the association aim to support its members in marketing of its products across the country.
To initiate income generating activities for the association and support the members identify lucrative market for poultry products the association wishes to recruit a business development officer.
Some of the key duties of the Business Development Officer will comprise the following:
- Promotion of income generating activities for the association
- Identification of viable markets for poultry products
- Planning and coordination of all the income generating activities /projects
- Writing funding proposals for the income generating projects
- Writing business plans for the various income generating projects
- Capacity building for members, board and staff of the association on commercialization of poultry farming.
Qualifications of the person required
- Minimum of a degree in Business studies with a major in Marketing or livestock production and experience in marketing or business development
- A minimum of two years experience in marketing field especially for agricultural products
- Experience in poultry sector will be an added advantage
- Preferred candidate should be below 35 years
Apply by sending your cv to email@example.com by 11th July 2013