Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private, not for profit, international University first established in 1983, with 11 teaching sites in eight countries.
It is a non-denominational institution open to all, irrespective of religion, ethnicity, gender or national origin. Since 2001, AKU has offered academic programmes in nursing, medicine and education for and in East Africa.
The Aga Khan University and Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi invite applications for the positions below:
Full Time Faculty And Consultant Radiologist
- The Full Time Faculty and Consultant Radiologist will be responsible for acquiring and interpreting various types of medical images including Radiographs, Computerized Tomography Scan (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Ultrasound images to diagnose medical conditions.
will teach residents and carry out research in defined areas as well as
areas of professional interest and knowledge.
The successful candidate should have a degree in Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS or MBCHB) and post-graduate in Diagnostic Radiology (M.Med Radiology) or its equivalent.
- S/he should have at least two years’ experience in similar position.
- S/he must be registered with the Kenya Medical Practioners and Dentist Board and have specialist recognition in Radiology.
Full Time Faculty and Consultant Paediatric Intensivist
- The Full Time Faculty and Consultant Paediatric Intensivist will provide clinical leadership in the paediatric emergency department and ensure quality management of all critically ill children in the paediatric intensive care unit and the high dependency unit.
will also coordinate teaching of critical and emergency care to paediatric
residents and carry out research in defined areas as well as areas of
professional interest and knowledge.
The successful candidate should have a degree in Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS or MBCHB) and postgraduate in Paediatrics (M.Med Paediatrics) or its equivalent.
- S/he should have at least one year’s experience in similar position.
- S/he must be registered with the Kenya Medical Practioners and Dentist Board and have specialist recognition in Critical Care Paediatrics
- The Epidemiologist will contribute to the development of institutional population based research capacity within identified Faculty of Health Sciences priority areas through funded grants, teaching and providing guidance to learners and faculty.
will be involved in grant writing, research, teaching and methodology
Applicants should have PhD in Epidemiology or other health related fields such as biostatistics, demography or their equivalent.
- S/he should have a minimum of four years’ experience in similar position.
- The successful candidate should also have demonstrated ability for independent scientific publication in peer review journals.
- Applicants should have a Diploma in Medical Imaging Sciences or equivalent with a Degree / Masters as an added advantage.
- S/he should have a minimum 5 years of experience in a well reputed health care organization with at least 2 years’ experience in management
Applicants for all the above positions should be computer literate with excellent communication skills.
Applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, names of three referees, telephone contact, e-mail address and copies of certificates and testimonials should be sent to,
the Manager, Recruitment,
Aga Khan University Hospital,
Nairobi. P. O. Box 30270-00100, NAIROBI
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach not later than 3rd December, 2012.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.