We are in the Retail industry that enhances healthy lifestyles of its clients is in need is in need of a Financial Controller who will plan, direct, control and coordinate all the operations of the department to ensure the set objectives are achieved in a timely and professional manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing the finance and accounting functions
- Initiate and guide the preparation of forecasts of company revenue, working capital, expenditure and return on investment
- Oversee the Finance department and all chain stores
- Updating and enforcement of cost accounting’ treasury management; risk and taxation, receivables policies and procedures
- Ability to measure cost effectiveness of Company
- Preparing annual budgets, management accounts, variance reports and cash flows
- Reviewing and strengthening the internal control environment and business processes
- Implementing and enhancing the management information systems
- Liaison with the external auditors including managing the annual audit process
- Ensuring compliance with all legal statutes
- Planning and decision making
- Oversee company accounting so as to ensure that the accounts are prepared in line with provisions of International Accounting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Approve payments to suppliers in line with the company’s financial procedures
- Monitor the Company’s corporate liquidity through regular and accurate cash projections
- Oversee tax planning, computation and payment of all taxes including import and export duties, corporate tax, VAT tax, PAYE among others
- Liaising with Bank and Insurance officials in connection with the Financial and Insurance needs of the company
- Any other duties assigned by the management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The ideal candidate should have a university degree in accounting/ finance.
- CPA (K)
- Experience in similar position of at least 4 years
- Demonstrated experience and skill with budget preparation and analysis and financial reporting preparation
- Strong accounting skills and experience
- Experience working in the retail industry will be an added advantage
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Supervisory skills
- Team building skills
- Problem solving skills
- Good organization skills
- Integrity and ethical
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send your CV and details of your current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified candidates shall be contacted.
All applicants must send scanned copies of their pay slips and testimonials as part of the application.
Note that TalentRecruit uses third party entities to verify all relevant documents that include academic and police certificates, pay-slips among others.