Bayer East Africa a subsidiary of Bayer AG, a global enterprise with core competencies in the fields of high-tech materials, Health Care and Crop Science seeks to recruit qualified and experienced individual to fill the following position:
Ref No. 2013/HR/BGP-002
Reporting to the Senior Bayer Representative, the Communications Manager will be accountable for all communications activities in the country/country group (quality and cost), excluding marketing communication, congress management and subgroup specific lobbying activities.
- Provide leadership and co-ordination for all communications activities of the country/country group organization.
- Ensure consistency of messages and a global one-voice-policy at all levels of the local organization. The job holder is familiar with the key Bayer communications processes and functions and ensures that these are taken into account.
- Develop a strategic communications plan based on the overarching business and communications objectives of the company and the country-specific goals, including goals of the subgroups.
- Develop and maintain relationships with media contacts and drive positive media coverage on the company through proactive media relations activities such as press releases, media events, contributed articles, speeches, etc... Content development, editing and implementation to different communication formats takes place in collaboration with local businesses.
- Ensure effective and appealing internal communications on business relevant topics, strategy and management decisions by developing and utilizing the right tools and communication formats, e.g. print and online media, employee events, management meetings etc..
- Manage and guide all corporate branding and image building activities, including corporate events, image advertising, corporate image publications, broadcast, films, photo shoots and outdoor advertising projects. The branding and image building activities need to be undertaken in line with the global branding guidelines and/or in collaboration with Bayer AG Communications.
- Executive communications: Steer, support and manage the external and internal positioning of the Senior Bayer Representative as main representative of the company - and where applicable - senior subgroup representatives through training and coaching, targeted interviews, speaking opportunities, public presentations, internal events etc...
- Leverage the assets of the company (Bayer cross/brand, products, CSR projects, operations, people etc.) through appropriate public relations activities.
- Ensure crisis preparedness for all businesses and steer as well as direct issues and crisis communication management, including change communications, in close cooperation with corporate and all subgroups.
- Ensure communications procedures on issues and crises are known and respected.
- Establish and manage annual budget for communications function in a responsible and cost-effective manner.
- A university degree, minimum Bachelor’s degree in Communications or equivalent
- English language fluency in spoken and written in addition to fluency in the local language(s) is a must.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related professional experience in positions of responsibility in major Corporations with an international scope
- Experience in journalism/media relations and a diverse public relations experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and to develop and execute a strategic communications planning as well as the corresponding messages and communications activities
- Proven team-leading capabilities in driving and developing a communications team
- Ideally experience in branding and marketing
- Experience in leading external service providers such as agencies or consultancies
- Strong in relationship building with journalists and other relevant external and internal stakeholder groups
- Solid understanding of industry and company background, ideally based on international business knowledge
- Should be experienced in multidisciplinary project and change management
- High degree of organization, adaptability and prioritization
- Role model for the Bayer LIFE Values, Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility and Efficiency
How to apply:
If you meet the above requirements, please send your application letter, a detailed CV with three professional referees including daytime contact, copies of certificates and testimonials (quoting the reference number on both application letter and envelop) not later than 20th October 2013 to:
The Head of Human Resources & Communications,
Bayer East Africa Ltd,
PO Box 30321 – 00100 GPO,
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.