· creating original works,
· proposing topics about which to write or receiving assignments;
· gathering information about the topic;
· selecting and organizing the material he or she has gathered;
· using the written word to express ideas and convey information;
· revising or rewriting material;
· preparing advertising copy;
· selling one's work to publishers, advertising agencies, public relations firms, and publication enterprises;
· planning the content of newspaper, journals, and magazines/newsletter ;
· deciding what material will appeal to readers;
· reviewing and editing drafts of books and articles;
· offering comments to improve the work;
· suggesting possible titles;
· overseeing the production of publications;
· reviewing newspaper proposals;
· College degree, generally in communications, English or journalism.
· An affinity for writing is something those in this field should, without doubt, have.
· Ability to express ideas clearly in writing, good judgment, creativity, self motivation and curiosity.
· Editors should have the ability to guide others.
· Experience, such as that gained through internships and writing for school newspapers,part-time writing is valuable.
If qualified send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 25th July 2011
For latest jobs in Kenya and Kenyan Jobs always visit http://kenyajobtube.blogspot.com/