Save the Children East Africa Regional Office (EARO) is looking to recruit a Regional Administration Coordinator.
As a key member of the Regional Office Administration team you will be the trusted partner of the Deputy Regional Director on all administrative matters.
You will ensure efficient operations and procedures at the Regional Office in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
This will include management of SCI’s Administrative policy/systems development, procurement and supplier management, relevant liaison and other administration support activities at the regional office level.
This role primarily focuses on the Regional Office, but will also support development of Country Offices’ administration.
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Administration Management of Regional Office
- Development, implementation and monitoring of systems; policies and procedures
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in Business Administration; Management or related field is required;
- Post graduate preferable only if connected with practical experience;
- At least 7 years of relevant experience;
- Experience working with an International Non-Governmental organization with regional exposure is desirable;
- Experience managing staff; Commitment to Save the Children values.
- Manage Administration team to ensure peak performance that includes high ethical standards; excellent team work and overall efficiency.
- Develop; coordinate and ensure quality of comprehensive administrative policies and procedures in accordance with global organizational standards.
- Develop systems to improve efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the administrative operations.
- Support Country Offices on administration related policies and systems development
- In collaboration with Deputy Regional Director, represent SCI EARO at administrative, INGO or government forums, ensuring professional liaison with various authorities.
- Liaise with Save the Children Members globally to address administrative/ legal needs of member representatives at EARO.
- Ensure a safe; secure and professional workplace.
- Manage the procurement of services, supplies and capital assets including regular supplier analysis and monitoring quality service provision; in compliance to SCI logistics standards
- Manage all assets of the regional office ensuring proper coding/tagging, record keeping, quality upgrades and disposals
- Manage fleet operations; maintenance and coordination of local transportation for the Regional Office
- Ensure the proper functioning and repair/maintenance of Regional Office utilities, facilities and equipment; in accordance to safety and security standards
- Manage administration budget and administrative expenditure to ensure cost effectiveness ; manage supplier and advance accounts and administer all monthly billing
For a comprehensive job profile please contact EA.firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a National Position.
Please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter to EA.email@example.com
Application closes 10th May 2013 at 5:00pm.
We work with children, communities and governments all over the world and we believe in the right person for the job regardless of where you come from and how you identify yourself.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts.
All successful applicants will therefore be required to complete a Police Check and must sign onto our Child Safeguarding Policy and organizational Code of Conduct.