KEMRI/CDC Research and Public Health Collaboration
Vacancy No. K64/05/12
Program description: KEMRI/CDC Program is a collaboration between Kenya Medical Research Institute and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention whose remit is to conduct research in malaria, HIV and other diseases.
Due to its continued growth, the program has vacancies in the BASE- Administration Section.
Position: Training Coordinator
Reporting To: Human Resources Chief
- Bachelor’s degree in Management with an emphasis in education or related qualification
- Post graduate qualification in human resources, project management, organizational development, or a health discipline training
- Minimum of five (5) years professional experience in human resources, education management or working in administration
- Computer literacy
- Experience working with large groups of stakeholders and the ability to manage diverse needs and opinions
Additional Desirable requirements:
The Training Coordinator is a key member of the KEMRI/CDC Research and Public Health Collaboration management, reporting to the Field Station Director. The position is responsible for coordinating all internal and external trainings in the program.
The Training Coordinator will provide overall training coordination in the Field Station and provide support to the Director’s office.
The Training Coordinator will also provide training leadership in Clinical/Research, computer/ data management and general training in the program including internship and student attachments.
The Training Coordinator should demonstrate excellent communication and diplomacy skills.
Major functional areas include;
Clinical and Research training:
- Working with various research projects in the program, the Training Coordinator will ensure that staff have the required clinical trainings, as determined by the Principal Investigator of each research project
- Ensure that all staff in have training in ethics/Good Clinical Practice, Good Laboratory Practice (GCP/LP)
- Work with leadership to ensure timely delivery of clinical trainings such as advance trauma, pediatric life support among others.
- Develop and lead a pool of in-house trainers for GCP and clinical training
- Working with partners such as MOH and others in provision of trainings relevant to the Field Station
- Organize for data management, statistical trainings, and other operational trainings for relevant staff and departments/projects
- Develop a database of in house trainers and areas of specialization
Leadership and Management:
- Develop the training annual work plan and appropriate budget
- Coordinate and manage the base scholarship scheme
- Coordinating the leadership management class including teaching sessions to supervisors and upcoming managers
- Spearhead grants management trainings
- Procurement and maintain training equipment in good condition
- Ensure that all training documentation is up to date including the staff seminars in Kisian, CRC PGH and Siaya
- Ensure that staff training payments are on time
- Track staff on all forms of training
- Perform any other duty as assigned
Terms of Employment:
A 1 year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service. Probation period for the first 3 months. Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on educational levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency.
Applications MUST include the following:
- Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number)
- Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address
- Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
- Copies of Certificates and Transcripts
- Contact telephone number
Applications are due no later than 27th May 2012
Human Resource Manager,
P.O. Box 1578, Kisumu.
Or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
or log into our web www.jobs.cdckemri.org
Internal candidates interested in applying for this position are strongly advised to access an internal candidate application form available in the CDC Intranet; print and process it through their project Managers and attach it before forwarding their application to HR.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
KEMRI/CDC is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including application, interview meeting and processing of offer letter. If asked for a fee, report such request immediately to 0701112145.