Vacancy: Sales Associate - Mathare
Department: Sales & Operations
Reports to: Area Manager
About Us: Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of franchised micro-entrepreneurs, who operate low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life – as small businesses.
We convert the waste into valuable by-products, such as organic fertilizer and renewable energy. Finally, we sell the by-products to Kenyan farms.
Since November 2011, we have launched over 500 Fresh Life Toilets to a network of 250 Fresh Life Operators. We have collected and converted over 3,500 tons of waste.
At the same time, we have built a team of almost 200 people. For our work, we have been recognized by Fast Company as one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World Doing Social Good and one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in Africa.
Role & Responsibilities
The objective of this role is to expand our franchise network, by identifying and selling our product to local entrepreneurs who are interested in pursuing this sanitation business opportunity.
The Sales Associate is responsible for selling Sanergy’s Fresh Life Toilets in the communities allocated. You will be responsible for the complete sales cycle – from generating leads to pursuing opportunities to closing deals.
Some key duties / responsibilities of the Sales Associate include:
- Meet established sales targets, goals, and quotas (which shall be communicated separately)
- Establish plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the assigned sales area
- Maintain contact with clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction
- Work with consumer marketing team to maximise vertical expertise & knowledge sharing between the teams
- Undertake careful record keeping processes
- Strong sales experience (ideally 2+ years)
- High School graduate
- Proven track record of success and determined to succeed
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels
- Ability to build relationships, outgoing and proactive
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Current or past residency in Mathare Constituency or the immediate environs – desired,
- Willingness to relocate to Mathare or its environs.
What we Offer: We offer an interesting and challenging position within a multicultural and dynamic start-up company, selling a product and service that makes a significant positive impact, and working with a highly motivated team who is passionate about the cause.
If you are interested and believe that you possess the necessary skills and background, please submit your cover letter and CV onhttp://www.jobscore.com/jobs/sanergy/list
Those familiar with Mathare constituency can drop their applications at Ngota’s Upendo School in Mathare, Mabatini.
Deadline for applications: December 1st, 2014.