Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) Benefits Project
Vacancy : Office Administrator
Vacancy: Field Officer
Position: Field Officer Deadline
To Apply: May 18th 2012
Start Date: June 2012
Location: Bungoma, or Kakamega with flexibility to travel to other locations especially in Western Region
Eligibility: Position open to all nationalities; Kenyan nationals strongly encouraged apply
IPA’s WASH Benefits Project is a five year study to evaluate the health benefits of sanitation, hygiene, household water treatment and nutrition, using a large-scale, randomized evaluation that is taking place in Western province.
We are currently seeking Field Officers(FO)to focus on the different areas of WASH project activities including but not limited to: Collecting and organizing data , supporting the Intervention Assistant Program, a, intervention delivery ,and biological specimen collection .
The Field Officer will be based in the Western region, and will require travel in theregion.
He/she will work closely fellow Field Officers and with WASH Benefits management team, including Project Coordinators (PCs), Project Associates (PAs), and Project Managers.
The FO will spend approximately 90% of his/her time in the field and 10% of his/her time in the office.
Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prompt arrival to work
- Completion of scheduled activities each day in a timely manner
- Interact with community members with the highest level of integrity and understanding
- On non-field days, conscientious performance of office work, for instance translations, peer training/learning
- Assist in daily net book maintenance and storage
- Maintaining high standard of professional integrity in all activities
- Help in mentoring fellow staff and community members who are directly linked to an activity
- Successfully complete all tasks assigned by the WASH Benefits management team
Specific, depending on specialization
- Ensure data integrity is maintained at all times and minimize errors in data collection and transport
- Survey and monitor communities’ water treatment, sanitation, hygiene and nutrition practices
- Administer household questionnaires and collect anthropometric measures
- Biomarker specimen collection, transportation and safe delivery to processing centers
- Further development and training of Intervention Assistant messaging content and mentoring
- Install, monitor and retrieve where necessary project items including data monitoring devices, hard wares and instructional materials
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Well organized, detail-oriented, able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Experience with position responsibilities listed above
- Bachelors’ degree or college diploma/certificate
- Computer literacy
- Fluent in Luhya
Please send a cover letter and detailed CV, 3 references, daytime phone number(s), and email address. Your CV should include your scores or grades and other measures of academic achievement, and details about any relevant work experience.
Applications can be submitted to any of our branch offices, or by email to email@example.com ,or by post office using P.O Box 373, Busia area code 50400 Kenya.
If you submit by email, please ensure that the subject line reads: “FIELD OFFICER.”REF NO: WB-2012-04-01.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by email for an interview.
Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Field Officer.
- The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities.
- Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
- Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.
- Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization.
- Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.