Job Title: Head of Operations
The Head of Operations will be expected to lead, inspire and develop the operations management team and staff, maintaining at all times that ethos of partnership and shared decision making which is so fundamental to the department’s success.
It will be the Head of Operations’ role to implement company policies and to provide leadership to the staff, ensuring that they share and reflect the company’s mission, values and aspirations.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management to a service organization that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the company.
- Responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
- Motivate and lead a high performance management team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the executive team not currently in place; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Professional & Academic Qualification
- A Degree in Business administration/management or a related field from a recognized institution
- A master’s degree from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in a recognized institution in a senior management position.
- Track record of achievements in previous engagements
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of the rules governing higher education
- Good leadership skills
- Good business acumen
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, clearly detailing their current remuneration and expectations to email@example.com before end of day 20 July 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted