Safaricom Limited is the leading mobile telecommunications company in Kenya.
We are at the forefront of the industry and always seek to attract and retain talented, creative and innovative team players who are excited by the opportunity of pushing the frontiers of this evolving technology, growing our services, exciting our customers and contributing to our community.
At Safaricom, we take pride in our talent and develop them to realize their maximum potential!
Business Systems Planning Developer CRM & EAIRef: TECHOLOGY-BSPD-JUL-2013
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Product & Service Development Department within the Technology Division.
In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Senior Manager Business Systems Planning, the role holder is responsible for development and 3rd line support of Safaricom Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Enterprise Applications Integration (EAI) systems ranging from user analysis, design and development to implementation and maintenance.
The role holder will be expected to work with other departments within the company to identify requirements and develop solutions (database design, workflows, user/data interfaces), configure and/or customize CRM and EAI applications to meet business requirements using various database and software tools.
In addition assist in presentations of system functionality to new users and departments and enhance/create user and system documentation as needed.
- Systems analysis: Conduct business user requirements analysis and specification, specify computer system requirements for the solution of complex business problems and formulate designs for their solutions, perform the necessary technical design and development functionality to ensure that business application systems can be effectively developed and implemented;
- Software Design and Programming: Design and develop front-end tier(s), middle tier(s), and /or back-end database tier(s) for business applications, capture business applications information needs and map the same to the software and /or database components, perform data modeling to analyze and specify data structures within an application system;
- Testing, Troubleshooting and 3rd line Support: Create test plans, test data sets and perform automated testing to ensure all components of the developed systems meet specifications, work directly with the IT support personnel and teams to resolve issues identified and escalated during daily operations, perform root cause analysis for recurring incidents, formalize test plans and implement troubleshooting procedures;
- Research and Development: Research and provide input on design approach, performance and base functionality improvements for various procedures and applications, generate ideas to improve efficiency in software and application services offered to the business, and/or generate revenue for business, participate and have membership in various technical fora for the purpose of increasing the collective knowledge base of the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field;
- Certification in Database systems and RDBMS systems;
- Microsoft Certified Solution Developer;
- 1 years Oracle Siebel and Tibco EAI development experience;
- 1 years development experience with Microsoft development tools e.g. Java, VB, Fox Pro, Visual
- 2 years development experience with low level programming C++, C;
- 2 years of experience with RDBMS preferably MS SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, and Informix;
- Experience in Business Systems modeling and data retrieval;
- 4GL for programming - Visual Basic/Oracle Application builder;
- Unix user skills;
- Experience in processes and procedures management;
- Communication and interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Analytical Skills.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below by Thursday 1st August 2013.
The Head of Talent and Resourcing,
The Head of Talent and Resourcing,
via E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org