Job Title: Social Franchise Coordinator - Tupange Project
Reports to: Senior Technical Advisor - Private Sector KURHI / Tupange
Workstation: Mombasa, with frequent field travel within the region
Contract Type: Fixed Term – Up to 31st December 2014
Salary: KShs. 75,000 Gross Salary
Provide business management support to the TUPANGE franchisees within the designated region, based from Mombasa.
Coordinate CHW supervisors to ensure the integrity of promotional activities according to TUPANGE’s marketing/communication strategy and CHW work plans
Facilitate networking of TUPANGE with local authorities and partnering organization in the designated region
- Identify and recommend solutions to problems in the assigned regions that interfere with franchisee business development, clinical quality and any other TUPANGE objective
- Assist in designing and implementing formal franchisee training for the designated region
- Facilitate forum for direct exchange with peer groups involved in SRH sector and/or social franchising (as part of the agenda of the Social Franchise Network Association of Kenya SFNAK)
- Ensure that each franchisee understand TUPANGE program, goals and protocols, and act on behalf of MSK
- Instill a business-minded spirit throughout the TUPANGE network within the designated region, driven by excellence in customer service, high quality of clinical care and professional health facility management
- Conduct monthly visits to each franchisee, consisting of a full review of activity and quick business audit (using standard TUPANGE templates, and auditing client registers)
- Assist each franchisee with operational and logistics needs (notably drugs, equipment, commodities, etc.)
- Assist service providers to identify service or product issues, and identify/propose solutions
- Provide on-site training and support franchisees to correct non-standard practices, and to ensure appropriate data collection (for reporting to MoH and TUPANGE/MSK)
- Compile the business performance section of the monthly reports for each franchise and for the region- using template for TUPANGE field report
Promotion & Communication
- Lead the implementation of promotional events as per the promotion activity plan
- Identify promotion opportunities for the brand TUPANGE
- Assist each franchisee in identifying promotion opportunities to generate service uptake and new clients
- Measure impact of promotional activities in designated region
- Liaise with MoPHS/DHMT officials in the region as TUPANGE’s GoK partners
- Compile the “promotion activities” section of the monthly reports for each franchise and for the region- using template for TUPANGE field report
Clinical Quality & Training
- Ensure franchisees adhere to the signed MoU with MSK, notably the clinical quality compliance
- Facilitate and support clinical audits under supervision of MSK Clinical Quality & training Dpt, and ensure that each franchisee gets audited at least twice per year
- Assist the Clinical Quality & Training team in monitoring clinical compliance and quality of franchises
- Report clinical complications immediately as they arise to the Clinical Quality and Training team and ensuring proper documentation (TUPANGE incident report)
- In coordination with the Clinical Quality & Training Dpt, support and coordinate the implementation of Training in specific areas:
(i) Skills up date in performing BTLs and IUCDs
(ii) Family planning counseling
(iii) Infection prevention techniques
(iv) Data collection and interpretation for decision making
(v) Improving quality of care (QOC).
(vi) Client reception and handling
(vii) Skills and methods on how to sustain FP services
(viii) Assessing client satisfaction
Outputs and deliverables:
- TUPANGE franchisees driven by excellence in customer service, high quality of clinical care and professional health facility management
- Proven performance increase track record for each franchise
- Proven improvement of clinical standards and quality
- Proven increase customer satisfaction
- Strengthened relationship between TUPANGE and the MoPHS/DHMT in the region
- Increased CYP and SRH services amongst franchisees
- Increased number of new clients, and increased customer loyalty (cross selling of services)
- Reports submitted on time all the time
- Clinical Quality & Training Dpt report satisfaction from support by the TUPANGE Franchisee Coordinator.
- Qualifications as a KRCHN or Clinical Officer from a recognized medical training institution.
- Worked in Reproductive health or other related field for at least 2 years.
- Must possess proven Management skills.
- Experience in working with the community will be an added advantage
- Experience in community promotion and business management will be an added advantage.
- Strong I.T skills
- Must be a competent driver
- Experience of working at the coast region will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CVs with contact details of 3 referees (1 of which should be immediate, 1 former supervisor and any other) should be submitted to:
People and Development Dept
Marie Stopes Kenya
On or before 23rd September 2013
Applications will be reviewed as they come.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate on the subject line as ‘SOCIAL FRANCHISE COORDINATOR TUPANGE’
Marie Stopes Kenya is an equal opportunity Employer