Vacancy: Supply Chain & Procurement Assistant
Salary: Kshs. 50,000 – 70,000 Gross
Our client is a well established top security solutions provider in Kenya. They seek to hire an experienced procurement and logistics officer who will assist in procurement and supply chain processes of the company.
- Assist in the overall coordination and management of supply chain activities of the company.
- Assisting to manage the company’s commodities and inventory.
- Ensure compliance to government regulations and laws.
- Monitor inventory levels and coordinate procurement of materials to ensure adequate levels.
- Monitor scheduled deliveries from suppliers.
- Follow up and ensure payment to suppliers as per negotiated terms.
- Supporting planning and forecasting of supply needs.
- Work to improve delivery times, cost and quality of supplies.
- Process orders received via department managers, faxes and sales executive
- Provide supporting documentation to credit control for approval of new accounts
- Ensure full compliance of procurement activities, Financial Rules and Regulations and relevant Organizational Policies.
- Ensure that the reporting and auditing requirements are observed and followed.
- Ensure effective use of internal Standard operating Procedures in procurement, control and recommending improvements in the systems and processes.
- Establish a solid internal control system to support procurement process
- Review and verify all purchase orders for goods, contracts, services and works.
- Regularly update Vendor Information Sheets (VIS), improve supplier selection and evaluation quality performance measurement mechanisms.
- Provide monthly reports and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual procurement plans and progress reports as required.
- Assist maintain and update all procurement files and transaction tracking matrices.
- Assist organize trainings for the operations staff on Procurement.
- Assist in planning, developing and managing all procurement and contractual aspects of projects related to procurement
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in Business, Commerce, Procurement/purchasing and Supply Chain Management or any other appropriate field.
- 3 – 5 years proven experience in a similar position.
- Working knowledge of Sage Evolution or Pastel Software.
- Knowledge of supply chain and procurement procedures.
- Ability to maintain high integrity in performing assigned responsibilities.
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management.
- Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Supply Chain & Procurement Assistant 50 – 70K Gross) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 23rd December, 2014.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.