Oshwal Academy Mombasa is a private school owned and managed by the Oshwal Education and Relief Board.
The school sits on a 14 acre campus with an elaborate network of physical, transport and IT infrastructure.
The student population comprises children from diverse cultural and religious backgrounds and has a reputation for academic excellence besides offering a broad range of co-curricular activities.
For effective and efficient operations within its Business and Administrative department, the Academy is looking for a School Business Manager ready to work in this dynamic institution.
- To provide strategic leadership on Management of the school’s (non-teaching and support staff), human resources and financial resources.
- To direct, plan, implement policies, objectives, activities as well as provide strategic administrative and financial plans of the institution for sustainability.
- To prepare and present reports concerning activities, expenses, budgets, statutory and regulatory requirement to the Board to facilitate decision making.
- To manage the maintenance of the school’s infrastructure, various facilities and resources.
- To direct business development activities for business growth.
- To ensure sound fiscal management for sustainability.
- To Mobilize and ensure proper utilization of institutional resources for business continuity.
- To initiate, develop and maintain contacts with other organizations and stakeholders for mutually beneficial relationships.
- Responsible for all procurement process
- To ensure proper care and development of the institution’s culture, reputation and image to optimize on business opportunities.
- Proactively develop and support learning environment by striving to maintain highest levels of academic achievements.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or other related field.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or professional accounting qualifications will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in senior management in a busy education institution (e.g. Private school, tertiary colleges or universities) and / or other corporate companies.
- Skills in leadership, resource mobilization, analytical, communication, computer literacy, team player and people management.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
If you meet our essential criteria and are looking for a role in a dynamic team where you can make a real difference, please submit your application to HR Manager Oshwal Academy
The application closing date is 17th September 2014.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.