Schindler Kenya Ltd
Job Title: Technician, Field Operations
Inspirations Management Consultants is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and professional individual for the position of Technician for one of its clients, Schindler Ltd - a leading global provider of elevators, escalators and related services.
Schindler Group produces, installs, maintains and modernizes elevators and escalators in many types of buildings including residential, commercial and high-rise buildings.
The company is a global leader and is present in more than 140 countries.
The individual will be tasked with assembling, installation, repairing, or maintaining and servicing of elevators and escalators, according to the set quality standards, in a cost effective manner and within set guidelines and timelines.
- Installation of lifts as outlined in installation manuals, software and any documented requirements as per the customer’s specification;
- Inspection of wiring connections, control panel hookups, door installations, and alignments and clearances of cars and hoist ways to ensure that equipment operate properly;
- Test newly installed equipment to ensure that it meets specifications;
- Ensure that safety regulations and building codes are met, and complete service reports verifying conformance to standards;
- Disassemble defective units, and repair or replace parts;
- Provide scheduled routine service to clients’ lifts and escalators in accordance with procedures outlined in the SABC and manufacturers’ procedure manuals;
- Identifying opportunity through repair sales;
- Providing certificates on work done on the job requisitions;
- Ensuring that the Schindler brand is noticed by promoting safety, quality and good customer care when on site;
- Report writing on the scheduled servicing or installations done.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Higher Diploma in Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years experience in handling installation, servicing and repair of escalators and elevators of various models.
- Ability to interpret technical manuals and installation drawings both mechanical and electrical
- Proven project management skills
- Ability to work under strict deadlines with minimal or no supervision.
Send your application, CV and copies of Academic certificates, quoting the job title, to:
P.O Box 16997 – 00100
Or e-mail to: email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org by 7th June 2013