Background Information: Mulrany International is an International organization registered in the United Kingdom with its headquarters in London UK with a regional African office in Nairobi Kenya.
Mulrany International has contributed in alleviating the health care burden for the vulnerable populations in South Sudan, Somalia and Kenya through provision of primary health care (PHC) and nutrition.
Our Objectives: We specialize in international health, sending medical experts to the frontline of global Emergencies when disaster strikes.
Working together with tireless health workers on the ground, we take countries shattered by war and natural disasters from the state of Emergency to a state of recovery – staying for as long as it takes until we get the job done!
Finance and Administration Intern
Reporting to the Head of Office, the intern/volunteer will be expected to perform the following
- Maintain detailed records for all financial transactions in an organized and professional manner.
- Perform daily functions including recording all cash, check and bank transfer transactions, maintain cash and bank ledgers, monitor cash advances and field expense reports, reconcile cash on hand and monthly bank reconciliation.
- Ensure financial/accounting activity is carried out in accordance to Mulrany International accounting policies and perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensure adequate cash flow for operations and safety of financial resources in South Sudan.
- Ensure contracts are current on all rental properties, facilities, and vehicles.
- Prepare and submit month-end reports to Mulrany International Regional office regarding country-wide operations in a timely fashion.
- Follow all procedures provided by Program Coordinator and Country Director.
- Maintain integrity and accuracy in financial records and perform other duties as assigned.
- Preparation of annual accounts;
- Preparing cash flows;
- Ensuring that adequate financial controls are in place to maintain propriety and proper accountability of expenditures;
- Pursuing a degree in BCom, CPA or ACCA
- Knowledge of QuickBooks is desirable
- Strong relational skills and financial management experience preferred.
- Above average communication skills-both verbal and written in English.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- 3 month contract with the potential for renewal.
- Organized, methodical and accurate
- Ability to work on strict deadlines and under pressure.
- Flexibility and willingness to adjust to changing responsibilities or needs as they arise
How to Apply:
In order to apply, send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline is 15th May 2014.