Job Function: Reporting to the Club’s Management Committee, theClub General Manager will be accountable for the Club’s performance and overall management.
His/her principal areas of responsibility will include overseeing all aspects of the Club’s operations, overseeing the budgeting and financial management process, promoting the Club and its facilities through sales and marketing activities, overall human resource management and ensuring that the Club’s facilities are well maintained.Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for overall management of the Club’s facilities, human resource function and financial management
- Must protect and enhance the value of all property assets through appropriate programs in inventory control, maintenance, security, and housekeeping.
- Must create and nurture an environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork and a passion for providing service.
- Ensure effective communication between the Club and its stakeholders
- Supervise and develop the performance of all operating departments including, but not limited to: front office, membership, guest services, housekeeping, food and beverage, purchasing, accounting, security and maintenance
- Review and approve all operating expenses.
- Prepare directives to all staff outlining policies, programs, or operations changes to be implemented.
- Provide regular updates to the Management Committee and other sub-committees on all ongoing issues at the property.
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of all period-end financial statements and reports.
- Develop action plans to provide proper cash controls and deal with forecasting and planning issues.
- Approve all complimentary services provided to guests.
Sales & Marketing
- Develop, monitor and participate in a comprehensive sales and marketing plan that results in optimum rates and occupancies.
- Manage entire staff and be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of staff members.
- Develop and supervise programs that promote a positive work environment for all employees while ensuring that all employment-related processes and documentation are in compliance with corporate policies and applicable laws.
- Related responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising, performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Protect and enhance the value of all property assets through appropriate programs in inventory control, maintenance, security and housekeeping operations.
- Develop and maintain a system for ongoing maintenance of facilities and equipment, as well as capital budgets and expenditure.
- Ensure regular repair, upkeep, and overall general maintenance of the property.
- Suitable candidates must possess a University Degree from a recognized University in
- Hospitality Management or related course. Holders of a diploma in Hospitality
- Management with over 10 years of experience will also be considered.
- She/he must have more than 8 years experience, with at least 4 years’ experience in overall management of a hospitality establishment with a minimum of Kshs 75 million annual turnover.
- Prior experience in the management of a Club will be an advantage.
- The candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, proven experience in financial management of hospitality ventures and prior experience in sales and marketing.