Safaricom Limited is the leading mobile telecommunications company in Kenya.
We are at the forefront of the industry and always seek to attract and retain talented, creative and innovative team players who are excited by the opportunity of pushing the frontiers of this evolving technology, growing our services, exciting our customers and contributing to our community.
At Safaricom, we take pride in our talent and develop them to realize their maximum potential!
Senior Revenue Assurance AnalystRef: SRAA – RD – AUGUST - 2013
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy within the Risk Division.
In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Revenue Assurance, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing assurance and give a holistic view of the trends and movements in all assigned revenue /cost streams.
Give explanations on causes and effect, give insights into the competitor’s actions and drive changes to maintain projected revenues.
- Manage the process of performing revenue trends and data mining to detect abnormal activity and possible revenue loss;
- Provide management with information on cause and effect on changes in revenue trends;
- Provide monthly revenue Assurance reports with details of the each revenue streams and factors that affected the stream with month;
- Manage the process of Subscriber profiling and churn management;
- Perform competitors analysis, by gathering intelligence data on the competitor and profiling their products and services;
- Perform review on churned numbers to determine the percentage of subscribers actually lost every three months. Analyze the customers that churn to understand the common denominator that affects/influences the churning;
- Participate in Revenue Assurance tests by executing test cases as assigned on the Revenue assurance testing schedule such as VAS tests, New Billing systems, New Processes and Systems migrations among others;
- Conduct process reviews for the assigned Revenue /Cost channel with a view of identifying any process weaknesses and the required controls;
- Track implementation of corrective actions by maintaining action log for issues affecting the assigned Revenue/Cost channel and track implementation;
- Review completeness and accuracy of information in the management information systems, business intelligence systems and the financial statements;
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in business related discipline.
- CPA-K, ACCA or professional accounting qualifications will be added advantage;
- At least 5 years’ experience in an organization with business intelligence tools, carrying out financial reporting and analysis;
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to monitor and explain trends and variances;
- Proficiency in reporting tools like Crystal Reports, ProClarity, Cognos, etc.
- Strong IT skills-word processor, spread sheets, database application(e.g. SQL or oracle)
- Have a keen eye to details;
- Experience gained in a similar position within a telecommunications environment, knowledge of ACL will be added advantage.
- Reasonable knowledge of telecommunication operations;
- Resilient and have the ability to represent and maintain a principled position in a sensitive situation.
- Ability to work under tight timelines and deliver accurate results.
- Uphold 100 % accuracy, integrity, professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
- Conceptual thinker, ability to wade through data and arrive at conclusions
- Good organizational skills, proactive and self-drive for results;
- Multitasking and prioritization skills required to function in a fast-paced environment;
If you meet the requirements and are up to the challenge, please send your resume and application letter to the address below. Please quote the job reference number in the application letter.
All applications must be delivered on or before Thursday, 5th September 2013.
Head of Talent & Resourcing,
Head of Talent & Resourcing,
E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org