A leading regional bank listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange with a focus on SME sector and 69 branches countrywide, is looking to fill the role of Human Resource Officer.
This role will report directly to the Head, Branches & Alternate Channels
The Human Resource Officer will support the HR department to achieve the team’s strategic objectives, as set out in the Strategic Action Plan by acting as the HR coordinator on a range of different projects and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To act as change agent in managing organisational change where it relates to HR related activities
- Coordinate all human resources management activities of the organisation in order to retain the best talent available to achieve the desired results for the organisation and all stakeholders
- Responsible for the HR Case List, ensuring that the department is well supported to deal with all employee relations cases in accordance with the organisation’s policy and best practice and for producing a regular Case List activity report
- Responsible for all restructures within the organisation utilising the management of organisational change policy while ensuring that formal consultation processes take place with all affected staff
- Responsible for facilitating HR workshops to provide line managers with information on latest employment law changes and how these will impact on their management responsibilities by liaising with the Training officer
- Support employee engagement processes by supporting the HRD on a range of staffing matters
- Responsible for the annual Staff Survey, analysing data and benchmarking year on year and production of an Action Plan to address any areas of concern
- Ensure that all HR policies and procedures are regularly reviewed and continue to reflect both up-to-date employment law and best practice.
- Responsible for reviewing staff awards processes and to design an effective staff award system which recognises excellent performance.
- A degree in Business Administration/Management preferably in Human Resource Management
- A higher national diploma in HR
- 5+ years' experience in an HR generalist, management or business partner role
- Employee relations, change management and team development experience
- Proven history in performance management
- Conversant with the Kenyan’s labour laws
- Be computer literate with working knowledge of HR Information System, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint all at intermediate Level
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent reporting and administrative skills
- Strong organizing and planning skills
- Good communicator with excellent listening, interpersonal and interactive skills
- Team player
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to maintain information confidential
How to apply: If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please forward a copy of your updated resume, and your current salary and benefits package to email@example.com before close of business 1st May 2013.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.