Job Title: Account Manager (Business Development Manager)
Location: Kenya and Ethiopia
Our Client a multinational company which holds interests in the electricity generation and rail transport markets seeks to recruit two (2) Account Managers for its Kenyan and Ethiopia Operations respectively to create more business ventures for the organization.
The ideal candidate will be in charge of the general management, commercial activities and accountable for the retail standards within the area to maximize profitable sales and manage local relationships.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Managing Customer relationship for all PLs regarding their specific geographic scope/assigned accounts
- Building and implementing account action plan
- Driving pre-sales activities
- Developing an intimate knowledge of customers and relevant stakeholders in the market
- Building and maintaining client relationship
- Detecting opportunities or projects in coordination with specialist sales
- In bidding and tendering phase, in coordination with sales specialists, assess project complexity, scope and context, identify decision criteria
- Validating offer strategy, including channel selection
- Supporting contract negotiation
- Follow-up on offers
- Follow-up on customers, ensure customer satisfaction before and after delivery
Qualifications and Competences
- Bachelor degree in Business Management or related field.
- Long-term commercial experience in Sales Management and Key Account Management roles; strong preference will be given to candidates with first-hand knowledge of robotics in a global automotive manufacturing Environment
- A technical background in Mechanics or Production Technologies would be very much appreciated
- Willingness to travel extensively, both locally and globally (50%)
- Seasoned commercial campaigner in dealing with complex decision making units within large global customer organizations and from within a highly matrixes internal organization
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 19th December, 2014.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and the minimum salary expectation on the subject line.