Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development (KICD) is a State Corporation established by KICD Act. No. 4 of 2013.
The Institute is mandated to develop curricular and curriculum support materials for all levels of education below the university.
Chief Procurement Officer
KICD Scale 11
The Chief Procurement Officer will be responsible to the Assistant Director, Procurement services.
- Advise the Institute on statutory requirements and storage, handling and distribution of supply materials;
- Initiate policy, review and updating of existing regulations, procurement management instructions, inspection;
- Implement and enforce regulations and policies on procurement management;
- Ensure that daily stocks reconciliations are undertaken;
- Supervise the various stores in the Institute and ;
- Ensure maintenance of proper procurement records in accordance with the various statutes among other duties.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an applicant must have:
- Bachelor’s degree plus a post graduate diploma in supplies management or its equivalent;
- Served as a Senior Procurement Officer KICD scale 10 or in a relevant and comparable position for a period of at least three (3) years;
- Demonstrated outstanding in managing the procurement function;
- Registered as a member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management or its equivalent and;
- Proficiency in computer use and application.
Interested applicants should forward copies of their application letters, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, up-to-date curriculum vitae and ID card to the address below to be received not later than 25th April, 2014.
All applicants should give full details of their address including mobile telephone numbers as well as names and addresses of two referees.
The Director/Chief Executive,
Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development,
P.O. Box 30231-00100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development is an equal opportunity employer.