Chemonics International, a U.S. based international development consulting firm, is seeking professionals for an anticipated USAID-funded biodiversity conservation, natural resources management, water, and climate change project in East Africa.
The Planning for Resilience in East Africa through Policy, Adaptation, Research, and Economic Development (PREPARED) will be a five-year activity that will strengthen the resiliency and sustainability of East Africa economies, trans-boundary freshwater ecosystems, and communities.
We are looking for individuals who can advise on climate change stressors that impact biodiversity and water sectors, improved science based technical capacity, policy leadership, and integrated adaptive strategies.
We are seeking specialists in the following areas:
- Climate change
- Water, sanitation, and hygiene
- Natural resource management
- Biodiversity conservation
- Freshwater resources
- Policy leadership
- Science based technical capacity
- Food security
- Advanced degree in natural resource management, environment studies or related field
- 5+ years experience working on climate change and/or natural resource management activities in East Africa
- Experience with USAID highly preferred
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English are required.
Send CV and cover letter to PreparedKenya@gmail.com by July 10, 2012.
No telephone inquiries, please; finalists will be contacted.