Position: Data Processor
Project: Deworm the World (DTW)
Deadline to Apply: June 26th 2012
Start Date: ASAP
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) Kenya is a branch office of an international nonprofit research organization directed by leading development economists, which seeks to identify and foster innovative approaches to solving development problems.
Description of Tasks Duties and Responsibilities:
The Data Processor will be responsible for recording receipt of, entering and making available to programme implementers a variety of data as the School Based Deworming Programme rolls out.
The Data Processor will be based in Nairobi with the National Programme Team.
Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Data entry of contact details, attendance sheets and key planning information as this becomes available to the team.
- Expansion and maintenance of the district database to cover all districts in Kenya
- Verification and filing of financial and programmatic returns and documents
- Basic Financial reconciliations
- Communication and follow up with field and district teams on data and financial returns
- Any other administrative duty as required
Qualifications: Academic Qualifications:
Candidates must have completed secondary schooling.
It is preferred that candidates have obtained a college diploma or university degree, preferably in sociology, statistics, economics, education, development studies, social sciences, health, or related fields.
- Computer knowledge and typing skills required; proficiency with MS Access and Excel essential.
- Experience managing data preferred.
Other Qualities and Attributes:
- Most importantly the individual should be quality orientated and meticulous with great attention to detail; well-organized; ability to work independently; promptness with excellent communication skills.
- Discretion is required as will be working with personal and sensitive data.
- Candidates must be fluent in Kiswahili and English.
Please send a cover letter and detailed CV, 3 references, daytime phone number(s), and email address.
Your CV should include your scores or grades and other measures of academic achievement, and details about any relevant work experience.
Applications can be submitted to any of our branch offices,
or by email to email@example.com ,
or by post office using P.O Box 373, Busia area code 50400 Kenya.
If you submit by email, please ensure that the subject line reads: “DATA PROCESSOR.”REF NO: DTW -2012-06-01
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by email for an interview.
Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Data Processor.
The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities.
Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.
Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization.
Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.