- Sourcing of suppliers of Building Materials, Tools, Equipment, Spare parts and many more
- Negotiating procurement terms with current and new suppliers.
- Take part in the company’s tender preparation process
- Running and keeping of the purchasing database (deliveries, suppliers, prices)
- Consults with the project managers and users to develop specifications; makes recommendations regarding purchases.
- Prepare and process requisition forms; recommend suppliers and other vendors
- Contact and receive informal quotes from appropriate suppliers; compares costs and evaluates the quality and suitability of equipment, materials and supplies.
- Coordinate purchasing details with suppliers and the project managers, including pricing
- Revision and issue of purchase orders
- Resolve problems and issues arising from purchase of services, supplies and equipment related to computers.
- Create complex original draft correspondence; composes and prepares reports, memos forms, supplier database and directories
- Coordinate the logistical flow of goods and personnel for conferences logistics etc
- Prudently and neatly maintain the procurement records.
- Coordinate various administrative tasks within assigned department.
- Work closely with the company's branches in Nairobi, Dubai, Europe in procurement and logistics.
- Any other related duties as may be delegated by the project manager.
Knowledge and Skills required
- Fluency in English, excellent communication and analytical skills, knowledge of modern purchasing methods, procedures, and specifications preparation;
- methods and techniques utilized in analyzing the quality of services, supplies, and equipment;
- sources of purchasing information; budgets and revenue control;
- knowledge in MS office operation of software programs including word processing and spreadsheet tools.
- Ability to work under time pressure and changing conditions.
- Bachelor's degree in a business or related field
- Membership to a professional body.
- Three years experience in purchasing a procurement and purchase processes, shipping and receiving, and basic accounting; two years' experience in a clerical support position, preferably for a public entity.
What we offer to the candidates
- Professional development in a dynamic, growing business
- Participation in prestigious international projects,
- Friendly working atmosphere and opportunities for personal development.
Deadline: 28th Feb 2011
Deadline: 28th Feb 2011