MLD Job Ref FIN 06/2011
The Job Position
Develop strategic and financial plans for the subsidiary, support the business on implementation of financial strategy, keep proper record whilst complying with accounting guidelines and laws, implement sound financial controls and maintain the standards expected from time to time by the finance division at head office.
Key Job responsibilities
- Develop financial plans for the subsidiary in line with group guidelines, monitor performance against set targets and enforce budgetary controls
- Put in place proper internal control measures
- Prepare monthly financial and management reports for the country executive and as required by finance division in head office
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial reports for publication
- Coordinate audits by external auditors and inspection by the BOSS inspectors
- Ensure compliance with BOSS Banking Guidelines and any Laws in the country
- Maintain sound accounting system that comply with International Accounting Standards at the Subsidiary
- Manage the operational risk by ensuring that all suspense accounts are reconciled promptly
- Provide leadership, training and coaching for the finance team
- Achieve and maintain tax efficiency in the business of the subsidiary
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline. Masters degree will be added advantage
- Professional qualification in accountancy- CPA, ACCA, or CFA
- At least 5 years management experience in a busy financial management environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven financial analysis skills
- Team player
- Proficiency in office automation skills
- Sound knowledge of statutory and income tax laws
- Good understanding of the business environment in the region
The above position is a demanding role which the bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to email@example.com.
To be considered your application must be received by 20th September 2011.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.