Supervised by: Director
Supervised by: Director
- Prepare accurate and timely Accounting reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Posting of payments to suppliers and daily expenses
- Ensuring that all deposits have been posted correctly and make any adjustments where is a problem.
- Posting of all other deposits that don’t appear on the cash book i.e. cash sale deposits are posted to un-deposited fund and therefore it is a must I transfer them from this account to bank account.
- Reconciling the cash book balance with the bank balance
- Receive and verify all invoices as per the daily purchases report after Director’s approval.
- Prepare remittance advice showing how much we owe each supplier we has supplied goods to us during the week on a weekly basis and preparation of cheques for payments.
- Prepare remittance advice after Directors have signed cheques to accompany the cheques to the suppliers showing the amount paid and against which invoices.
- Address any problem that suppliers may have especially concerning payments schedule and reconciliation problems.
- Write all cheques that are issued on LPOs
- Receive all collection cheques from different debtors and make sure that they are banked on time.
- Maintain a collection day book that comprehensively shows the cheques received, the clients name and the amount, and tally the amount received at the end of each day.
- Maintain a cash deposits and transfers book which has daily cash deposits, interbank transfers and swift transfers from clients.
- Assist and accord all relevance assistance during periodic audit of company accounts by external auditors.
- Filling statutory returns
- Follow up on daily sales reports from branches and reconciliation for Director’s approval.
- Monitor deliveries by ensuring the delivery register and invoices are updated daily.
- Debtor’s reconciliation.
- Creditors/debtors management.
- Credit card reconciliation.
- Any other duties as assigned by the management.
- A Bachelors degree in Accounting Option
- Qualifications in CPA will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in an IT Firm
- Good accounting background
- Presentable and excellent communication
Please send your CV ONLY indicating why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title on the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org